• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Pics of your 68 or 69 Roadrunner

Here you go. Not the best pics of my 69 RR, but something to look at.

Attachments

• 69 RR OS Front.jpg
    69 RR OS Front.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 1,691
  • 69 RR inside Front.jpg
    69 RR inside Front.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,494
So I'm confused. You're suggesting that there is something you are NOT happy about - or - something you are ESPECIALLY happy about?????

Only thing I see is that you now have an antenna. I prefer the no-antenna look personally (that's how I did my RR).

Excellent restoration. So what makes you happy?

I'm happy with the overall look with the changes I made. Adding the hood stripes, reinstalling the vinyl roof, it was removed by whoever painted the car, and moving the fender signal indicators out to the fender edge. BTW, the antenna is on the car in both pics!

My fathers car that I have worked on for 5 years. Rotisserie resto, one of the nicest in the country. A31 package, SPD 801, factory promotional car for Atlanta Area Chrysler Plymouth Dealers in Sept '68. Factory 4 speed, air grabber, bucket seat, tach, rocker molding, logitudinal sport stripe, light group, 3.91 axle car. Power windows, steering and brakes. One of the most loaded Road Runner converts ever built. For sale as well.

Attachments

• 101404riehls.jpg
    101404riehls.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,390
  • dadsb5.jpg
    dadsb5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,452
Here is my 1968 GTX. It is a work in progress (and LOTS of money) Have a new engine and 4-speed I am putting in this winter.

Attachments

• Drives Side.jpg
    Drives Side.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,391
  • Drivers Interior.jpg
    Drivers Interior.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,394
  • Engine Drivers Side.jpg
    Engine Drivers Side.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,382
A lot of great cars, heres a pic of my 68 GTX.

Absolutely gorgeous paint job on your car. I am painting my '68 this winter also and can't decide between the original QQ1 (68 B5) blue or to paint it '71 B5 blue instead. Which is yours and is it clearcoated or original single coat?

Absolutely gorgeous paint job on your car. I am painting my '68 this winter also and can't decide between the original QQ1 (68 B5) blue or to paint it '71 B5 blue instead. Which is yours and is it clearcoated or original single coat?

Thank you, it is original 68 Blue (B5) or QQ1 and it is clear coat.

nice car do u know how many gold 69 rr was made i own one its a coupe 383 4 speed

This is mine and that's not a vinyl top.

that is a beauty , was it just in a magazine !!!! my 69 is also a painted top car and like a dummy back in 85 i put a vinyl top on it before i knew how freakin rare they are .

Attachments

• P9180044.JPG
    P9180044.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 69rundfrd.jpg
    69rundfrd.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,210
that is a beauty , was it just in a magazine !!!! my 69 is also a painted top car and like a dummy back in 85 i put a vinyl top on it before i knew how freakin rare they are .
Yes, it is in the current issue of Mopar Action. With only 656 hartops produced in 2 tone paint they are quite rare. You have one, I have one and I know of 2 others that still exist. There may be more but you never see them.
Do you have any plans of putting yours back to original?

I just received some additional information from Galen today and his research indicates that my car is 1 of 1 that is known to exist in the color combination and options. Could be more out there but who knows?

painted hardtop

Yes, it is in the current issue of Mopar Action. With only 656 hartops produced in 2 tone paint they are quite rare. You have one, I have one and I know of 2 others that still exist. There may be more but you never see them.
Do you have any plans of putting yours back to original?

I just bought that magazine yesterday!Love the wheelcovers,I think the covers,painted roof,and radio delete make it pretty special.A four gear is a plus too.
RT

Sooooo FatJack...You started the thread to get some ideas/looks back in febuary. Did you ever happen to get your car painted?

Heres a couple of my 68. Just added the 383 and 4-speed.

Attachments

• beep 3.jpg
    beep 3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,320
  • beep 2.jpg
    beep 2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,178
  • beep 1.jpg
    beep 1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,184
  • beep 4.jpg
    beep 4.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,173
Wow! Damn Fine 68! looks awfully familiar!! lol :headbang:

Kinda wish mine was ordered with a vinyl top ...esp a white one! love it!! :icon_thumright:

Here's mine...

I had the very same color GTX except I ordered mine with the black vinyl top and black interior and a 4sp. I loved that car! Nothing quite like rolling all the windows down and cruising through town. Thanks for sharing! :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back