• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver or Gold Pentastar Emblem; Which One?

Yeah, the aftermarket doesn't drill the holes. Which begs the question, AMD says their stuff is accurate, same gauge metal and so on, so where's the holes?
98% of reproduction parts are not accurate.....

Welcome to the world of quality!

I doubt the factory was 85% accurate on anything in the 60s.

I have an original fender with a hole that will receive paint before the emblem goes on.

I was referring to the quality of repro parts as being 85% accurate as compared to original Chrysler parts. If you check out Justin's GTX restroration thread, he shows numerous examples of those differences

The Ebay seller I stole the photo from confirmed what someone said about people asking for silver emblems just cause they like them.

I talked with a big name supplier and they have had many customers asking for the silver emblem like the one currently on my car. And after many conversations with these customers trying to tell them their old faded now silver emblem is supposed to be gold they gave up. The buyers were telling them they wanted the silver emblem so they started supplying what the customer was demanding.
This

I need to buy some other parts from Loretta at Detroit Muscle Technologies (DMT). They are a FBBO sponsor and great folks to deal with. Their Ebay store add says they are the manufacturer. So, I'm going for Gold. I got this photo from a competitor's page since it shows the front and back. Thanks.

View attachment 442834
Just an FYI, They are NOT the manufacturer on their entire product line.
Only part of it

I have a bit more to add to this, posted in another similarly-titled topic. Not only are there silver and gold cheaply anodized, thin aluminum parts, there is also a heavier gold-chrome-plated solid metal part, I have one of these.

Pentastar Silver or Gold?

Auto Transport Service
Back