• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So sick of getting ripped off…

I think the OP jumped the gun on this thread. Life is fast paced nowadays and everyone expects answers immediately but we don't all operate that way. Whether it's computer-literacy, busy with work or family, health issues, you need to cut people some slack sometimes

Good on you Charlie, you sound like a good bloke to me.

Yes.

But I do feel for JackR's particular situation of being scammed for $400 and then misrepresented for $500.

Close to to $1K of being ripped off twice... That would make it a pretty sensitive subject for me. :nutkick:

@JackR could you post the usernames of both those past rip off's to help others from doing the same?

And still thanks for posting this, it was helpful to see how 65satelliteman handled it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Alright, he just got back to me. Agreed to exchange so I’ll ship the wrong one back.

I got nailed for $400.00 for a wheel to a scammer in July

And I got stung off eBay for a different 500.00 wheel that I bought when I was on a long plane flight. I have that one that just might get hung on the wall. It’s not so nice as the pictures looked at all.
Did you get the right wheel yet??

In the end, it seems to me that Jack got a very good deal.
As far as replies go. I do not expect instant gratification with emails etc. I am married to one woman. Not to electronic devices. Quite often I don't have the cell phone with me or sometimes not on.

He is making good on everything. I shipped the wheel to him and when he gets that one he will ship the other

Really a good guy. Turns out nothing was intentional just a mistake. Wish more people were this nice to deal with.

@JackR could you post the usernames of:

1) person that totally didn't send you the wheel
2) the ebay seller of the misrepresented wheel.

There are so many scams going on right now on Facebook it's really hard to keep track.

He is making good on everything. I shipped the wheel to him and when he gets that one he will ship the other

Really a good guy. Turns out nothing was intentional just a mistake. Wish more people were this nice to deal with.
Good to hear... :thumbsup:

@JackR could you post the usernames of:

1) person that totally didn't send you the wheel
2) the ebay seller of the misrepresented wheel.

There are so many scams going on right now on Facebook it's really hard to keep track.
The person who didn't send the wheel was off facebook. One of the mopar parts sites. This person was good, must have hacked someone's facebook page as I looked at it before I even started negotiating. I forget the name he was using something like Smith D. Anderson the ad said from Colorado Springs. That mopar parts site has had this same scammer pop up again and people were putting scammer in the ad comments. And the paypal request was friends and family. Never will I do that again.

The other Ebay wheel came from Texas. The metal spokes are painted silver. The wood is way tiny thin. Just a bad restoration the pictures did not show. My bad.

The person who didn't send the wheel was off facebook. One of the mopar parts sites. This person was good, must have hacked someone's facebook page as I looked at it before I even started negotiating. I forget the name he was using something like Smith D. Anderson the ad said from Colorado Springs. That mopar parts site has had this same scammer pop up again and people were putting scammer in the ad comments. And the paypal request was friends and family. Never will I do that again.

The other Ebay wheel came from Texas. The metal spokes are painted silver. The wood is way tiny thin. Just a bad restoration the pictures did not show. My bad.

wow, I’ve never seen one with the thin. Well if the pictures didn’t show, that’s still a seller to avoid. Still misrepresenting. I don’t see how that’s ALL your fault.

Never friends and family a stranger.

Auto Transport Service
Back