• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starting Issue

Thanks for the info AND clarification. I have a medical setback which is going to delay my work on this and the dash lights. Came down hard with the Covid crap and spent all day Sunday in the ER getting tested and then all the meds I need. I'm hoping the issue is solved but if not this gives me places to look. Interesting too that as Don mentions " A 66 has......." so many different things than other years of Chargers and B bodies in particular.

Make sure that the connection on the transmission is tight and clean.

10-04. And I'm really envious of your 68 GTX. That was what I was really looking for when this car came along. I had not been able to find on in price range that had A/C. A 69 or 70 would have been acceptable as well. However I really do like the 66 style Charger. Really did not know much of anything about them. Just the later ones.

my GTX was cheap. I paid $4042.20 for it.

Of course, that was in January of '68

I still have my invoice for the 67 Plymouth Sport Fury fastback coupe I bought in Feb 1967. Ordered it with the HP440 375 HP and auto. Power disc and steering. Rear speaker, trailer tow package for the limited slip, tinted windows, clock, 825x15 WWtires. $3615.04. Put some 110 K on it before having to sell it due to an expanding family but always regretted that. More so today. The sound of that engine and muffler system in passing gear was just something I never tired of. I would like to change the mufflers on this 383 to something like those. These are too loud and have a drone at speed. I believe PO purchased three inch pipes and mufflers from Waldron. At least he has some reference to that. So the pipes are good but the mufflers not. Lots still to do on this car.

Before I settled on the Sport Fury I drove a copper convertible 1967 440 GTX. Really liked that car and never forgot it. Was not practical for the family at the time.

Auto Transport Service
Back