• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock or stall

J
Every Tci I know of is pretty loose. Do they call it a 10"? If it slips much below 3500 it's going to cook the fluid until you get it near 75mph w 3.70s and a 29" tire. Heavier the car the worse it's going to slip. But it really depends on how it's put together inside as to how it will work for you. You may not know until you try it. We tried driving to town once with a loose 5500. Open headers and 4.88s.
The trip didn't go well. LOL

This, an inefficient converter will create a lot of heat on the street. Stall speed rating is approximate, the same converter will behave differently from one car to another. Vehicle weight, gear ratio and engine torque all have an influence on the rpm it will flash to (stall speed). Sadly the only way to know is to try it and see how it works for your combo. If it’s too loose then you’ll have to pull the trans back out to get the converter “adjusted” or swap it for another converter.

I have a 9.5” Dynamic that was supposed to flash at 3500 but in reality flashed to 4400. I sent it back to Dynamic for adjustment and they tightened it up, it flashes to 3300-3400 which was slightly less than I was hoping for. It turned out to be a great converter for my combo. It drives nice at normal speeds and doesn’t generate much heat but still pulls hard when I get after it.

Auto Transport Service
Back