• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking Up New Residence

Only aluminum I have on mine is valve covers, air cleaner and radiator. 440, cast iron 2x4 intake, 727 push button, steel wheels, full interior.
I may be dreaming, but hoping with listed "C." above, and swapping in a Steel QuickTime BH, Alum FW, a Lithium battery, Alum heads, rear 11" disks, I can get real close to 3K lbs. I'm swapping the out the Alum 833 for a Richmond 6 speed during the BH swap, so I might a few lbs. back. We'll see.

That roof looks great.n. Do you know if all cars came with that chrome trim or were some painted. Mines painted (previous owner) but would like to go back to chrome if that’s how they left the factory?

Actually it's a clear plastic with chrome applied to the back side. The high end cars got it, Polara 500 and maybe the 440s. The lower end models were solid color plastic, Dart and 330s. I don't think they were painted. I see you have a Plymouth Belvedere. Im not sure how they were doing Plymouths.

The Dodge Polara 500 actually used a corduroy looking material on a hardboard. It was called Bedford Cord. There's not any sources for it so I went with the perforated board like they used in the Plymouths.

There's a member on here that was having the plastic strips made and had some for sale now and then. They were just one color, like white.

I found his thread. I believe they will work on our cars also. Not the exact profile but close enough. The last page a member mentions he might know of someone doing the chrome.
Wagon Headliner Bow Trim

Last edited:
It's great to be reminded every so often of just how amazing a reference thread this one is.
This ought to be a sticky on the site, honestly - there's so much detailed, useful information in it -
even for folks putting together different models than John's here.
Impressive car, excellent steward. :thumbsup:

It's great to be reminded every so often of just how amazing a reference thread this one is.
This ought to be a sticky on the site, honestly - there's so much detailed, useful information in it -
even for folks putting together different models than John's here.
Impressive car, excellent steward. :thumbsup:

Your so kind Ed! :)

The high end cars got it, Polara 500 and maybe the 440s.
My 62 Dart 440 has the chrome plastic.
Wagon Headliner Bow Trim
I got this for my Dart 440 as the chrome plated plastic is less than pliable and I need to replace the hardboard headliner, but it looks identical to the plastic in my 64 wagon headliner.

Playing around with the video today after changing the break-in oil with new break-in oil. Didn't find any metal :thumbsup:

Late to the game/thread sounds great,
still reading on up to like July 2017

View attachment 623998

I've never seen so many clips on a panel before. The panels are in good shape. First time they have ever been removed.
View attachment 623999 View attachment 624000
Plastic vapor barrier is in good enough shape to reuse.
View attachment 624001

These are the two bolts that hold the rear track in place.
View attachment 624002

This is the adjuster/stop for how far the window rolls down. We will need this later.
View attachment 624003

This adjuster sets the wing/track in or out at the top.
View attachment 624004

These adjust the front track in or out at the bottom.
View attachment 624005

This bolt adjusts the rear track in or out at the top.
View attachment 624007

Removing the rear track out through the bottom hole.
View attachment 624008
Like all the details you're showing & explaining :thumbsup:

up to like July (?) 2018 now, still reading/viewing your posts

Bought the Polara a Christmas present. Original dealership where she was sold new.
View attachment 1581964

John Drew only sold Dodge for a few years before going to Chevrolet. Quite rare to find such an item. I've been watching for one for years. Another mission accomplished.
Verry cool :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back