• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas Toy Box - Beware!

its amazing that TTBox still gets our members business...this site alone is filled with great people and real world priced projects or drivers for offer from some really good people. But on the other end of the stick, I have had UN-pleasable customers, but none I wasn't willing to make right by for whatever reason they were unhappy....one un happy customer is no joke, let alone the rep TTB has aquired...Just goes to show ya how important being part of a place like this is when you are thinking of a purchase like a Mopar, get the low down before you put down your dough.

Cranky, I had no idea Jon Hennessey's shop was that bad in reputation before... Interesting read, maybe he cleaned up his shop/act or got rid of the troubled employees that were giving him a bad reputation... Who knows what really happened ??... I don't really know, either way, but I have a friend with a Viper GT 2007, he had a 1000 hp upgraded twin turbo package installed, by them, he loves it, I've seen the work it is very nice, very professional... I don't know what he paid, he had a performance contract date time & actual out-put & got the car back on time & dyno-ed to prove the actual #'s, he was there, at the dyno testing session... I personally would have done it myself, my friend has that talent too, he just spent the boat load of cash instead, oh well, but I'm that kind of person, I don't & "won't trust too many people, ever", especially when it come to high dollar stuff/work on my cars...
Haven't heard much lately. I did call his shop back in May about the Houston Half Mile Shootout and after talking to several different people there and being put on hold, I finally got the info I was looking for and they were the ones sponsoring it. Seems to me that they still don't have their act together as a company should. I dunno. When someone develops a bad reputation, it's hard to get rid of it imo. Why not just build a good reputation to start with. His company has had many lawsuits and was at the very bottom of the Dun & Bradstreet list (the financial research firm) and had many many complaints with the BBB. He may know how to build cars and hopefully, he finally knows how to do business but if I had a Viper or any car that I wanted to modify, his shop would not be my first pick to have work done to it....

I remember when the TTBox started listing "$$$$$" instead of actual prices a couple of years ago, and I sent an email asking how anyone could decide if a bunch of dollar signs were in their budget.

TTB wrote back that they wanted to leave "adjustment" room in the prices now, in case they decided to make some improvements on the car. They didn't want to get locked into an advertised price and then "lose" money on any needed repairs.

WTF. :iamwithstupid:

I'm here in Texas and have heard similar bad things about Hennessey. I know someone whoes brother is a mechanic there, I will see If I can get more details...
but I also heard from a local that they take parts off your car and put them on other projects. Like a big cycle, your car will get it's parts back whenever another car comes in for business!! I sure hope that's not true

ttbox rip off

bought a '67 cuda fastback from these guy's "TOOK THEM AT THEIR WORD" HUGE MISTAKE ON MY PART What a piece of crap when I got it. Tried to deal with them, could tell I was going to need a Lawyer. Did what I could for the car JUST SOLD IT 5 years later. People like these 2 KNUCKLEHEADSare typical USED CAR SALESMAN doing it from home!!!

Just want to throw this out the for any future potential buyers, if you are looking at or talking to one of the two idiots at Texas Toy Box about the purchase of one of their Mopars, beware. These guys will lie, cheat and steal their way into your wallet and sell you a rolling piece of crap. Do not trust anything they say over the phone and any pictures they send to you. If you cant't do a personal inspection or have a friend do an inspection for you, walk away. And once you do the inspection, if they let you. you will walk away anyway. I have first hand experience, althought I blame myself for trusting them. Beware, these guys are the devil.

All I'vere heard about TTB has been bad. And I've heard it for YEARS. Yes indeed, one day, they will piss off the wrong person. No doubt about it.

Texas Toy Box

Wolf lies and just recently he retired so the kid took over. He won't/can't help you because his dad cheated me not him. I went to the BBB over my case and Wolf admitted he was wrong but said F-me. Lies come out of his mouth naturally... He was going to settle but at the end he said now that he joined BBB any person he has cheated in the past will come after him!? So he told them to go to hell. They still give him a A rating??

One possible problem is that you buy your car before you find this great site. I know i didn't find it till after i bought my car.

Wolf lies and just recently he retired so the kid took over. He won't/can't help you because his dad cheated me not him. I went to the BBB over my case and Wolf admitted he was wrong but said F-me. Lies come out of his mouth naturally... He was going to settle but at the end he said now that he joined BBB any person he has cheated in the past will come after him!? So he told them to go to hell. They still give him a A rating??

Sounds like he would rather climb to the top of the tallest tree in town to tell a lie, then stand flat footed on the ground and tell the truth, when the truth sounds better. P.S. BBB sucks.

texas toy box

Daredevil got it right. You get the bug to buy an old Mopar and inevitably fail to do your homework. I got caught in it myself, and as a mechanical engineer I usually pride myself on the research I do before I make a major purchase. I didn't know about this forum or the Dodge Charger forum and wish I had because it would have thrown the red flag up and I would have passed on the car I bought. Lets hope the old man has a stroke and ends up vegged out so his son has to spend all his money looking after him changing his diapers.
These guys just don't get it, we understand that you can't buy a fully restored car for 10k, just tell the truth about the actual condition of the car and give us the option whether we still want to buy the car for the asking price. What goes around comes around.
On a more positive note, after several thousand dollars spent on the 68 Charger I got from these scum bags, it is now straight and perfect and ready for the Alterkation front suspension, Firm Feel rear suspension and the 2001 Gen2 Viper motor to be installed.

In 2006 I bought a 1968 Charger from them and it was advertised as in the condition it could be entered in a car show and the pictures looked good. So after several email exchanges I bought the car sight unseen and had it shipped up here to WA. Basically my wife and kids were tired of me wrestling with a 1970 Charger and a 1987 Turbo Shelby Charger and for Father's day that year that was their present to me. I picked up the car at a storage lot in Midland about 15 miles from my house. I was so excited to see it for the first time in person and then when I did I felt like throwing up... Turns out the car is actually several cars stuck together in ways the factory probably never imagined. If this is what they think is show quality I would hate to see the kind of car shows they go to... In the end...bad on me for not going there and checking it out first hand. My dad was a used car salesman his whole life and I never saw him do anything nearly as decietful as what these ***-clowns have apparently done numerous times. I am trying not to let it bother me but I am sure that the old addage of "what goes around comes around" is going to be extremely bad for ***-clown #1 and son... Suffice to say that I did not follow up with anyone other than the BBB and and a few choice comments of various forums and to the dorks at the Texas Toybox. What really is sad and makes this really bad is that often people who buy these kinds of cars are fullfilling a lifelong dream so getting screwed over by these jerks is that much more devastating. My advice for anyone looking for their dream car...save youself a lot of aggrevation and stay away from the Texas Toybox company and if you find the car of your dreams on line spend the extra time and go see it first hand.

On a positive note...having to re-do everything in the car has afforded me the opportunity to do everything the way that I wanted it in the first place. Some highligts...started with a 383/A833/Open 8 3/4 and now is 512 - 440 stroked with all forged bottom end/A833-rebuilt/3.23 SureGrip and loooooots of other stuff too. Looks and drives like I thought it would when I bought it...lots of dollars later and the journey continues.

Good luck B Body fans...

Rliogghio welcome to FBBO.... to bad about the cars...

Are these guys still in business? I went to their site and it's a white page with a phone number. Nothing else.

Feel for ya man, Really sucks when this crap happens! Sounds like you got a real screw job.. There is a sticky here in the General discussion forum you may want to add these guys to it, Great place to find the good and bad people and company's we all deal with.. Hope this will turn out good in some way for you..
Ron, If you're referring to the "post your positive experience" thread, its no longer a sticky.

Are these guys still in business? I went to their site and it's a white page with a phone number. Nothing else.
Maybe someone crashed their site? If so, couldn't have happened to better people!

I'm like you Rliogghio, I had the car up for sale for a while but I have committed to fixing it now. New front fenders, new hood and valance, new rockers, new rear lower quarter panels in front and behind the rear wheel and new trunk extensions and the bodywork is now perfect. I am restomoding the car and have gone big dollar, Bill Reilly front suspension with 14" rotors, Firm Feel rear suspension with 12" rotors and 2001 Gen2 Viper V10 with 6 speed tranny under the hood. Just getting ready to test fit the motor and tranny and hoping to have the car running by time the Good Guys show comes to town in November. The car is looking awesome, I've spend the last 2 months removing the original undercoating. Once the engine is fitted and the mounts completed it will be ready for paint.
I remember speaking to the old man at TTB, Ray. He told me he liked to spend a lot of time in "Old Mexico" which is basically Mexico. Lets all hope he has a huge heart attack down there and has to reply on their medical attention to stay alive. Maybe that would be carma, the old mans son having to take care of his drooling vegetable father.

Caveat Emptor? Sight unseen.

I came across an add for a GTX that TTB is currently selling, in the pictures it all looks good. Running a Google search and a thread in BBOnly came up, interesting reading. I have that same worry about buying from any dealer. Back to the guys at TTB, they list a lot of cars for sale. If their site had come up when I tried to open it, I would have never found the post on this site.

Thanks for the heads up.

Auto Transport Service
Back