• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Meme not a Meme Thread Part DEUX

8bdqmr.jpg

Intelligence and education don't really have a direct correlation.

I agree completely, I have for sure met people who were educated well beyond their intelligence...
I see this on steroids, living in a college town. There is a major ghetto of educated folks, whom I don't consider particularly intelligent, across the tracks from where I live. Their incomes reflect what I consider their true worth in the market. I have neighbors who tend to be what I consider truly smart - business types, engineers, doctors. Those who can apply higher education in practical settings. It makes sense to me that they earn more money.

Last edited:
It makes sense to me that they earn more money.
But that's antithetical to the current concept of "equity".

it is no longer the "land of opportunity", where you earn what you are worth based on your actions and abilities.

It is now the "land of equal results" - entitlement has taken over, and these mental midgets believe they are entitled to the same outcome (income, status, respect, etc) as people who are genuinely successful (smart, applied, actual success in business)...just because they want to be. Or honesty believe somebody owes it to them.

Auto Transport Service
Back