• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Meme not a Meme Thread Part DEUX

I'm not a big weed guy. But I thought it was clever.

Screenshot_20240106-152717_Chrome.jpg

Why not just say the size of Hawaii, or a third the size of South Carolina? It's so hard to keep up - I can't even convert Imperial gills to US pecks without a conversion table.
Contemplate this; River stage is 6.6 feet or 5.2 or whatever. Please show me a ruler that measures feet in 10ths. Weather men report river stage in 10ths.Why?

Cause no one is going to go to the river and measure it?

Especially if there's a gauge showing the level already there.

Contemplate this; River stage is 6.6 feet or 5.2 or whatever. Please show me a ruler that measures feet in 10ths. Weather men report river stage in 10ths.Why?
River water levels are typically not measured IN the fasted flowing part of the river, rather they are depth gauged at the side of the river in a still water area.

And just to clarify.... King Charles III is a ruler...... a measuring stick is a rule. :poke:

And just to clarify.... King Charles III is a ruler...... a measuring stick is a rule. :poke:
Thank you. I have to point this out to my wife also. Except I use the example; I am a ruler.... that measuring stick is a rule. She doesn't listen though.

That's a good question, the only ruler that I've seen measured in tenths was for water depth. No idea why in a non-metric situation.
1704589463729.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back