• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The money is no object car. Whatcha going to buy?

Funny no one mentioned this car:
View attachment 1269945

I parked next to that car at the Nats one year!
8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

In 1984, I worked for a Chevy dealership as a lot-boy. When those came in on the transport truck, I thought they were stupid looking but fun to drive. These were real tin cans....no air bags, no automatic seat belts, no crumple zones.....Just a FWD 1.0 liter transverse mounted 3 cylinder and a 5 speed manual. They got incredible fuel economy and were quite nimble.

In 1984, I worked for a Chevy dealership as a lot-boy. When those came in on the transport truck, I thought they were stupid looking but fun to drive. These were real tin cans....no air bags, no automatic seat belts, no crumple zones.....Just a FWD 1.0 liter transverse mounted 3 cylinder and a 5 speed manual. They got incredible fuel economy and were quite nimble.
Friend took his Lexus in his manual trans crapped out. They gave him a Geo Metro as a loaner.:rofl:I'm pretty calm but told I'd raised Hell!

I would only want two. The 1969 Dealer Demonstrator GTX I test drove when I was 16 (I think the current owner might sell it for 5 times what it's worth if money were no object on my part.) And a black '69 Hemi GTX hardtop with red interior to go with it.

IMG_0101.JPG

Cars... Well since I have my old GTS back I would say I’m good but here are my choices.
1968 Hemi Dart, 4 speed
1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT 440+6
1970 Chrysler Hurst 300
1968 Mercury Cougar GTE 428/4 speed
1968 Pontiac Firebird 400/4 speed RAll
1986 Shelby GLHS
1991 Red Dodge Spirit R/T

Some of those replace cars I had in the past.

Cliff Ramsdell

And on a side note, for music I would take myself and my son to see Led Zeppelin in concert. Don’t know how I would pull that off but it’s a wish list thing.

I don't think I could pick just one. A few on my list would be...

Ford GT40 Chassis P/1046
Carroll Shelby's personal Cobra Super Snake.
1968 Hemi Dart
1970 White Challenger Hemi
Ferrari Testarossa

And while Im dreaming. I would make a stupid money offer on this car
I know the owner and all it would take is Money......just lots of it

WS27R0.jpg hemi-rt-vert.jpg

Actually thought about this before, if I hit the lotto, never will cause I don't play, I'd pull a Kenny Wayne and pay the shop but be there to help and learn or have them give me **** for a hack job lol

Lots of stuff on YouTube. I did my first interior after watching AutoRestomod. A lot of Mustangs but they have a lot of really good info. I don't agree with everything they do like using plastic packing wrap on car seats instead of burlap and muslin.

I would like a 1992 Viper, preferable low serial number and low mileage. Second would be a F3, or F4 1969 Super Bee survivor.

I used to lust after the Shelby Cobras...till I sat in one. Well...."in" one. I'm 6'4" with size 13 feet. Uh....negative. Scratch that one off the list! I've had hand-autographed Shelby Dodge show/drive cars (he signed my 89 CSX-VNT for me at VIR in '01); I've had Roadkill-style high-boost beater-looking Shelby Dodge cars (my '87 CSX); I still have a rustycrusty 86 GLHS project (likely a rebody...IF I ever find an Omni worth a damn). He was a great guy, YUGE personality, had a blast talking with him and I do love his cars...but the Cobra is out. First gen Viper could easily take its place, though :) I hear they make "extended wheelbase" versions of the Cobras now as continuation cars, but...not the same as stuff that was built under his personal guidance. Not for me, anyway.

Love the original Ford GT as well - even though its a Ford, it's got Carroll's DNA.

"Dream" cars, though? Honestly...ever since I got my Charger last year, that need has been met. I love what I have now - MY first car, damn near my MOM's first car (the Charger; hers was totaled in '76 but mine's a near-dead-match), my toy cars ('72 Satellite wagon, factory turbocharged Chrysler minivan), and my 2 wheel toys...I'm good. If I had "that" kind of money...it'd go into a facility to keep 'em all in, and work on 'em, and store spare parts in.

Although an original Countach...or a 250 GT convertible (Bueller? Bueller?) would, admittedly, be a lot of fun...or a huge, totally over-the-top, British brass-era car like a Rolls or a Bentley. Maybe a Jag XK-E convertible - SEXXXXY car...

Sorry about this non- Mopar, but this car would be the ultimate for me….I already have a Charger!!!!

1969 Corvette ZL-1
504E3003-674B-4F94-B358-A1FA000C6655.jpeg

Money object I'm assuming you mean unlimited funds like Elon Musk. In addition to the ones here Let's see I would buy a new Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 1972 Rallye 340 Charger (EV2 Please), Dakota Convertible, Plymouth or Chrysler Prowler, Dodge Aries or Plymouth Reliant (Prefer Wagon), Dodge Omni GLH, and I guess if I wanted to add more a Buick Grand National, 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado, and Lincoln Mark V. Maybe a Jeep Wagoneer or Grand Wagoneer.

Last edited:
I got a red X disagree on what I think MY PREFERENCES are? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:fool: :realcrazy: :icon_fU:
Lol, there’s one or two that are running around pasting red X’s all over and run away. Could be they’re off their meds. I’m going to post saying I’m an asshole and see if they put up a red x on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back