• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the NASA thread and anything related

Awesome stuff! I love this stuff as I was born in Nov of 69. We really should be promoting more of this on TV. Let the kids see these positive role models rather than the trash the media promotes. Get kids interested in science, math, aeronautics...etc... We need more of these role models than landscapers. Remember the movie "The Right Stuff"

I've been to Huntsville, AL as my grandparents lived in Alabama. Also been to Cape Canaveral.

This is a great website and I've listened to a ton of it.

http://wechoosethemoon.org/

146037main_sts1_camping750.jpg
Huge crowds publi viewing area on east shore of Rogers Dry Lake to watch the first space shuttle landing. I believe April 14,1981

146039main_sts1_parking750.jpg
more than 200,000 people witnessed the first space shuttle landing from a 1 1/2 mile long parking area

s81-30749.jpg
Scene of Edwards Air Force Base after landing of the space shuttle Orbiter Columbia to end STS-1 Astronauts John W.Young commander ,and Robert L.Crippen pilot are still inside

Last edited:
s81-30746.jpg
April14,1981 Landing of the first Space Shuttle Mission

View attachment 496101ski do you remember this

'Early" Shuttle landing, East Camp.
I was not here then

I have been here for many Shuttle landings
The Base became closed after 911
INTEL had BlackHawks flying around before Shuttle would approach
Gun Ships
"We" (America) figured out that a terrorist group could "hide" in the crowds with a shoulder launched sidewinder and shooting the Shuttle
Yup, 911 changed everything....

Last edited:
60f992c006910dbd3cd0d611788525dd.jpg
Ham -1958-1983 known as Ham the chimp and Ham the Astrochimp first to be launched into outer space in The American Space prgram

Auto Transport Service
Back