• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Red “x” of shame!

IMG_1587.GIF
IMG_1588.GIF

I like to see somebody Put an X on this!!

IMO It would be polite -and for the good of the conversation- to follow a "red X" with at least a brief explanation.

Agree and -Like buttons -are pressed all the time -and the inference is much like a nod and smile if we were talking face to face.
When face to face conversations come to the point of disagreement the normal thing is to discuss the point of disagreement then and there.

When someone places a "red x" they are actually (willfully) engaging in the conversation. It's sort of like raising their hand in class to be heard. --To not follow up is kinda distracting.:realcrazy:
The rest of us see it and are left wondering what the rest of the story is? (who and why).

Is it not true that the three buttons---thanks, like, and agree are never questioned? --But the "red x" almost always leads to a discussion about it?:rolleyes:

Maybe it should be a --yellow button. ------- RED is ingrained in all of us as a STOPPER.
I disagree. And I wanna know why you agree or like! Give a reason for each one you have posted!

LMAO

:bananaweed:

I posted about this very thing on FABO and got 26 DISAGREES in a very short time.
To me, it is a weak suck move to hit the button but not explain why. I see stuff I do not like quite a lot but rarely hit the button. I will add though that with political topics, it makes more sense because opinions are often very clearly one sided.
With tech topics, why not explain your opinion?
Im sure thos wer 26 X's of sarcaasm!:p

I've never hit the X, instead I just quote the offending post and inquire if I actually give it the time of day. I've gotten a couple , so I click the "list" , find out who the offender was and question them as to what part of my post they didn't like. all but one was a sausage finger interference

If you give your opinion, or you say something political , that I don't agree with, I will give you a " disagree" But as for why-- I would rather not say " because you are an idiot" !!!!........................MO

I thought the x marks the spot and you start digging deeper into the conversation

Just hit list, call them out, ask them why the disagree and if no response then that speaks for itself.

Just hit list, call them out, ask them why the disagree and if no response then that speaks for itself.
Totally agree. If you Red X me, unless obvious, I will PM and ask for an explanation. Then again, I have never walked away from a fight. Probably explains all these scars. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back