• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Red “x” of shame!

I have thrown out a few red Xs but I think it was obvious why. I am different then most. Face to face I am more likely to argue than on a public site.

Hey, if you use the “red X”, for whatever reason, have the balls to say why!

Ha Ha!
I AGREE 100 percent.
IMHO, "someone" on this Forum LOVES the RED X

What is that all about?
Huh?

IMHO, a REED X is for someone who posts something truly outrageous, EGREGIOUS

Albeit there are some "detractors/naysayers" or
"Negative Nancy's", for the lack of a better term
on here that the red X's, needs no real explanations

the others it's only right to show why you disagree

Albeit there are some "detractors/naysayers" or
"Negative Nancy's"...
9c94ae9c1d7a358b6b4956bee15c6fb6.jpg

If we agree to disagree does that mean we agree or disagree?

I think you understand what you wanted to say/ask. And I agree with your intent as I interpret it. But disagree that one or the other of the choices (agree or disagree) you propose are true or not true even if there is agreement saying so.:)
Sometimes people lie.:p

Last edited:
No, I don't want to . . .

For the record . . . Was reading a post and saw a red X and looked at it . . . It was me ? ? ? Must have fat fingered it and hit the button by accident . . . So I cleared it out . . .
I’ve been called out a couple times, I blame it on the alcohol! Honestly don’t remember doing it at the time.

I think you understand what you wanted to say/ask. And I agree with your intent as I interpret it. But disagree that one or the other of the choices (agree or disagree) you propose are true or not true even if there is agreement saying so.:)
Sometimes people lie.:p
Now I AM getting dizzy!!!

I propose that the option of placing a "Red X" be replaced with a "yellow question mark".

This thread is just the latest example of questions and misunderstandings that tend to come up with regularity about the value and use of the "Red X".:eek:

Is it not true that when placing a "Red X" someone is, in fact, attempting to engage in the conversation?
Are they not at the same intersection (in the conversation) where we all are?

When I see a "Red X" what I expect to see next is what is the reason for stopping the flow.

Again--IMO this thread shows that a "Red X" poster has something to say and is sort of holding up traffic with horn honkers. This is exactly where we are now on this thread.

we should each get like 2 maybe 3 red X's to use per year, and see who still has them in December

Not the first and probably not the last time this thread has come up. Nobody wants to admit they red X but almost everybody does it. All it means is someone does not agree with something you posted or part of it. Other asswipes its more of a vindictive thing but they have no life anyway. If you have a problem with getting a red X you could as suggested PM the person but don't think your owed a reply, your not. Pull up your pants, wash your face and learn to deal with it.

seems someone here ^ is butt-hurt about getting red X'd
hum, thinks they didn't deserve it, then talks ****...
About those that remarked about getting them...

sounds pretty damn hypocritical to me

Last edited:
I didn't even know there was such a thing as a red X. I wonder how many I've received?

You’ve got 2 now! Lol!!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back