• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show lets see the 71-74's

FY1 Top Banana/Lemon twist was available all the way up until 1974.
If memory serves, it was the last surviving HIP color.

My 70 Super Bee was Top Banana (well, the few places that weren't in primer).

It is a very striking contrast to black stripes, top, and interior.

There was a "what if" 73 Super Bee on ebay a few years ago in Top Banana- it was done rather nicely IMO.

There was an FY1 72 400 Rallye car for sale in Jacksonville for a long time.
For some reason the owner didn't do a very good job communicating with me, or it might have been mine.
He promised to send pics, and never did, but kept listing it for sale.

I'll see what I can dig up from my archives...here's a from a cursory search-

72 rr fy1.jpg 71 rt fy1.jpg 1973_plymouth_road_runner_96635411302391736.jpg

Nice R/T 70BurntRT!!

Thanks there YY1, That Super Bee looks like a stinger for sure! I like that one.. Any idea what shade of color is on that 70 RR picture, and SB? Or is the Banana/Lemon twist it?

70burntRT-

NICE 71...show us that 66 (in the appropriate thread).

Some recent pics on my 72 rr GTX, including one from Carlisle this past summer at the retro dealership, 2 with my mopar11 Charger, and one of my buddies all original 74 440 charger hes looking to sell.

Attachments

• rr5.jpg
    rr5.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 930
  • rr6.jpg
    rr6.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 939
  • rr4.jpg
    rr4.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 933
  • rr7.jpg
    rr7.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 944
  • rc1.jpg
    rc1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 947
  • rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 936
  • rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 932
Yep, that's really coming along.

Our 73 Charger in sealer and feather fill [yesterday]!!!!!

Cant wait to see this one when its done! And it is looking good..

- - - Updated - - -

Can you put, if you wanted to a 71 grill in a 73? (Fit)

- - - Updated - - -

I just love this one, the color, and the style! To bad this one doesn't have the vinyl top..

View attachment 99217

Cant wait to see this one when its done! And it is looking good..

- - - Updated - - -

Can you put, if you wanted to a 71 grill in a 73? (Fit)

- - - Updated - - -

I just love this one, the color, and the style! To bad this one doesn't have the vinyl top..

View attachment 99217

Ron AFAIK you can put a 72 grille on with hideaways, I am not sure what mods are needed to get the grille on other than the wiring.

God damn, our cars are cool. 71-74's will always be my favorite.

Dgraver, I get such a kick outta seeing other Mopars with the yellow high beams. Can't remember who it was, but someone on this board put 'em in, and a bunch of us went right out and followed suit. So cool!

IMG_1244.jpg

God damn, our cars are cool. 71-74's will always be my favorite.

Dgraver, I get such a kick outta seeing other Mopars with the yellow high beams. Can't remember who it was, but someone on this board put 'em in, and a bunch of us went right out and followed suit. So cool!

View attachment 99268

I know I love it! I remember I someone posted a pic of them on a 71 and I went on a mission to find the amber lamps, posted a thread about it, and someone suggested the stained glass paint which worked like a gem! I know you, me, and djais have then done, all look great in my opinion. The cheapest and prob my most favorite update I've done to my car.

Yeah, I've had tons of people comment on them. I went the lazy route and bought yellow lamps on eBay instead of painting them. Went for a night drive in the country, and fired up the high beams, yellow reflected off the trees... so awesome!

I highly recommend to anyone who likes the yellow high beam look to go for it! As dgraver said, it's a super easy thing to do, and really ups the uniqueness of your car!

I know I love it! I remember I someone posted a pic of them on a 71 and I went on a mission to find the amber lamps, posted a thread about it, and someone suggested the stained glass paint which worked like a gem! I know you, me, and djais have then done, all look great in my opinion. The cheapest and prob my most favorite update I've done to my car.

Thanks for the tip on stained glass paint. I will have to get some. Any good craft store has them?

Auto Transport Service
Back