• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to ID Aftermarket Upper Control Arms

Coledavis01

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some help identifying what brand & application these control arms might be. I purchased these some time back on FBBO as Magnum Force 66-70 B Body and finally got to the point to install them and ran into trouble.

The seller has been helpful & the guys at Magnum Force are great to work with and even offered a discount to get the proper set! Just want to know what the heck these are so I can sell them and fund the correct version.

The length between mounting point and ball joint is the same as the factory UCA's, the width is the problem in that I've got 8-3/8" bushing to bushing inside to inside on both where it should be 7-11/16". The other issue they pointed out is that the gusset is not drilled on their arms, did a bit of searching and not finding any like it. It appears to have been painted after the holes were drilled and looks original in that the paint and holes are uniform and matching.

If anyone can help me out would be much appreciated.

2013-11-17 13.29.20.jpg2013-11-17 13.29.48.jpg

No clue, but if you find out they fit a 1971 Charger I might be a buyer......

Anyone ever seen tubular uppers w/ the drilled gusset regardless of application?

Mrsnicks, will let you know once the mystery is solved.

hey there, i have the same control arms on my 1971 charger mine are just a little bit older.
here are some pics i just grabbed for you, hope they help!michaels htc 1145.jpgmichaels htc 1143.jpgmichaels htc 1140.jpg

Thanks for the input and pics guys! Seller thought they were magnum force & by your pics that definitely looks to be what they are. Guess someone could have drilled the gussets for whatever reason but the width is what worries me. The guy at MF I spoke with said they could be pressed to an extent but with them being about 11/16 off I'm worried how they would both retain their strength and also how the proper angle for the cam bolts would change.

Don't have much experience with aftermarket UCA's but have read, be it fact or myth, about failures. While I imagine a shop could set up a rig to press them is the stretching on the metal going to weaken them?

AS a bulder Fabricator I would NOT press them that far. Not so much for the weakining aspect but Geomitry !
There are So many people bulding these things its tuff to tell a copy from and original. I use 3 hole cussets at the shop just like thos on those arms . By them in bulk of 100.
I put new upper and lower arms on my buld and did the math and was cheaper to by from a company who did the home work. When I got them I was Very pleased with the product. Know you have money layed out but best to step back and Punt !
Get a good set and save yourself the headack and worry.
I used Q1A. I love them. But others have good products also so check around. Remember the tried and true saying . YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD !!

Auto Transport Service
Back