• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI exhaust down pipe

Dakotaacres

Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
I just received my TTI exhaust for my 68 charger 383 automatic without headers. The down pipe on the drivers side is down sized and it's up inside the flange not butt welding like the passenger side. Is this the normal product for those who have this exhaust? Would this affect the flow compared to the passenger side? Attached pictures.
IMG_3753.jpg
IMG_3754.jpg
IMG_3755.jpg

I have seen it before but I cannot say it is normal or why they did it. Give them a call and ask them.
I will call them. It's just I've been dealing with so many misinformed reps. on parts I need. It's frustrating.

TTI's.. really? We're they purchased from TTI? Maybe some knock off possibly?
Those guys are pretty solid when it comes to this stuff, but people make mistakes.
The driver side looks correct except the pipe should be welded on the inside of the flange, (think headers) with probably a tac or three on the outside. I've seen welds on the outside eventually crack.

TTI's.. really? We're they purchased from TTI? Maybe some knock off possibly?
Those guys are pretty solid when it comes to this stuff, but people make mistakes.
The driver side looks correct except the pipe should be welded on the inside of the flange, (think headers) with probably a tac or three on the outside. I've seen welds on the outside eventually crack.
Before I contact TTI I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this issue.

I just received my TTI exhaust for my 68 charger 383 automatic without headers. The down pipe on the drivers side is down sized and it's up inside the flange not butt welding like the passenger side. Is this the normal product for those who have this exhaust? Would this affect the flow compared to the passenger side? Attached pictures. View attachment 975746 View attachment 975747 View attachment 975748
Just curious? How much did these defective down pipes cost you. ? $? $

I agree with 68moparmaniac the pipes should be welded on the inside (my 67 440 TTI pipes are welded on the inside ) every set of headers I ever made I welded on the inside.
The only reason for the smaller pipe would maybe be for bolt clearance .
From what I can see of the weld it may have been done in eight grade shop class.
Call TTI see what they say---- but I think you got screwed

I agree with 68moparmaniac the pipes should be welded on the inside (my 67 440 TTI pipes are welded on the inside ) every set of headers I ever made I welded on the inside.
The only reason for the smaller pipe would maybe be for bolt clearance .
From what I can see of the weld it may have been done in eight grade shop class.
Call TTI see what they say---- but I think you got screwed
I was wrong they were around $75.00 for both it looks like.

Auto Transport Service
Back