• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using your car in a wedding ?

PST

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
How many of you guys have used your cars in weddings or any other antique cars you have ? I have my sisters in-laws wedding tomorrow so I am dropping off the car they want to use tonight. I used this car with two others in my own wedding a year and half ago. But I am very nervous about the whole thing meaning my sister in-law can be a bridzilla and if something happens god only knows the reaction. The car is 59 years old. Maybe I am just overly paranoid.

taken this morning at work ( She is a 20 footer) Good from a far, but far from good

buiwed.jpg

If your worried, volunteer to be the chauffeur.
Open the door and the whole works. It will most likely get more of a bang then them jumping in driving off.

If your worried, volunteer to be the chauffeur.
Open the door and the whole works. It will most likely get more of a bang then them jumping in driving off.

It will be like Driving Miss Daisy LOL

Yeah thats what I will try to talk them into doing. But I am always worried about a break down (murphys law). Dont get me worng I have driven this car everywhere and it runs like a top, but when a relative is involved I get nervous. Its like when you do work on a famliy members car and when they is an issue you hear them say "ever since you worked on my car ................."

We used our 68 Coronet in our wedding! Nice of you to let them use it.. offering to drive.. may not be such a bad idea...! Hope they have a great day!

Attachments

• wedding1.jpg
    wedding1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 369
  • wedding2.jpg
    wedding2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 389
i like the idea of you being the driver. i used a car of mine at my wedding but it was in 1972 so it wasn't a classic yet. at the time the car was older than my marriage lasted. lol:argue:

Attachments

• Gloria Rick and June 30 1972.jpg
    Gloria Rick and June 30 1972.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 357
Thats really neat guys. If anyone has pictures of there cars used in weddings POST 'EM.

We used three in my wedding each one of my groomsman drove one instead of getting a limo it was different and alot of fun

I used my '68 Coronet in my first wedding when I accidentally married Lucifer...Whoops. Who Knew? Got rid of that baggage. I had my Coronet in my second wedding here a couple years ago...things are going off without a hitch and it's great to have a car that has always been around through thick and thin.

As far as borrowing it out....I never do. One other person has driven the car and that was my mother. She had to sit on a couple phone books, but had a blast.

Myself, if something happened to the car...well obviously that would really suck, but a car can be fixed. Bad side of it would be if something happened to the folks driving it. Even if nobody got hurt, well there now lies a stigma of that so and so wrecked/damaged your car, and who knows how you/them will react.

You're driving so no worries there...hope you have a blast!

AINT NO WAY IN HELL ID LET THAT HAPPEN....i would have to volunteer my services as acting chauffeur....take my prized Road Runner or Belvedere II......without me?? NEVER HAPPEN.......but then again,,,,i trust nobody!

my buddy used his RoadRunner in his wedding....ydda ydda,
on the bach of the bird on a plaque it said
"This Bird Got caught"!

ok, I tought it was funny.:icon_confused:

Now that's strange, Propwash I don't remember marrying you

I used my 76 volare/rr when i got married 7yrs ago.Drove it up to mnpls,mn. for our honeymoon and then drove it up there again on our 1 yr anniversary. I drove it both times,wife can't drive a stick.

Brings back a lot of memories. Mostly of my brother-in-law's wedding back in the mid 70s. He had a nice 67 Coronet. I had my 65 Belvedere, and it seemed like half of the people at the wedding had a muscle car of one make or another. Well, after the wedding we decided to chase the new bride and groom out of town. What a riot. It kind of resembled the Daytona 500. Lucky that we didn't get caught and nobody crashed. Crazy!!!!!!:steering:

Wedding cars

A couple saw my car at a local cruise night and asked if I would consider driving them from the church to their reception. I thought it was a great compliment that they would want to ride in my car ontheir special day. They rode in the rear of my 66 Satellite convertible, and looked like royalty doing the wave at people enroute to the reception. Many pictures were taken of my car and the bride and groom in my car, I only wish I thought to get one myself. Great memories for me and hopefully the bride and groom.

i like the idea of you being the driver. i used a car of mine at my wedding but it was in 1972 so it wasn't a classic yet. at the time the car was older than my marriage lasted. lol:argue:

Hey nice '63. I was just going to mention that I drove our friend and all of her bridesmaids in my '63 Parisienne. It's on air suspension with a fast bag set-up so I got to hammer switches when we arrived on the beach with seven chicks in the car.

Oh yah, I was driving and wouldn't have it any other way. I don't need other people to be responsible for my expensive ****.

Unfortunate that it wasn't a Mopar but it's my shiniest car.

Now that's strange, Propwash I don't remember marrying you

LOL..Turning my wallet into a vigerous inferno of lava...Making swear words rhyme...Collecting souls on the weekend.. Doesn't ring a bell? Well, I heard Exorcism's can spark memory loss

Like Shag, we had a classic car the day of our wedding, but it was a 72 Torino, We have a picture here somewhere with a just married sign still on it.. BUT, it was in 77.. Classic now, got us there then. That would have been nice because i had a 57 Belair i was doing then, i guess you just didn't think of how cool it would be some 30 + years later if we would have, but if we all would have thought then, we would all have some cool cars put away for now to i guess!

I just found a photo of when I just finished painting my RR and getting my motor back in never had time to put my wheels on or an exhaust system ,ran hooker comps wide open ,was late to my wedding ,they were all waiting ,and I about fell over when we came out and found flowers scott tape to the freash paint ,1972 july 1st

At my buddies wedding we all drove 03-04 Cobras to take the wedding party from one location to another. I drove my own car and everyone in the wedding party just rode along. A great way to ensure your car comes back in one piece. 500hp with an unknown driver is a recipe for disaster.

Auto Transport Service
Back