• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIN Plate Restoration

tnfastback

Local time
9:43 PM
Reaction score
Getting ready to restore my VIN dash plate and was looking for some tips. I have the ECS Chrysler Corp Transfer/Rivets , but was wondering if plate was gloss black and how the actual VIN number treated after paint to reveal the numbers.

It is a satin black, not semi and not flat......Nothing was done to the script.....

IMG_0241.jpg

Getting ready to restore my VIN dash plate and was looking for some tips. I have the ECS Chrysler Corp Transfer/Rivets , but was wondering if plate was gloss black and how the actual VIN number treated after paint to reveal the numbers.
Satin black, a quick swipe with a scotchbright across the raised letters and numbers, and then apply the transfer.

I asked Dave at ECS that question earlier this year. They were satin black and you don't do anything to the raised letters they were black and only became silver because of people cleaning the dash and rubbing the paint off.

Auto Transport Service
Back