• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage decals??

Mr.SpeedFreak

Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Any of you guys have vintage decals on your glass? Let's see em!

I just picked up two of these Ed Roth "dodge power" ones even though my car doesn't even have any glass installed. Just thought they were cool
IMAG0694.jpg

Nice! :icon_thumleft: I was hoping people would share some collections of old track decals like that, cool stuff

window is incredibly dirty but here is a pick of the one on my 68 R/T quarter winder

1968 Coronet RT quarter window decal.jpg

This was on my drivers vent window when I bought my GTX in 1979 and left it there because I thought it was a cool sticker.
It reads "WARNING this car equipped with a Hurst floor shift, shift as hard as you please but don't break your arm"

Hurst warning.jpg

Any of you guys have vintage decals on your glass? Let's see em!

I just picked up two of these Ed Roth "dodge power" ones even though my car doesn't even have any glass installed. Just thought they were cool

Those reproductions of the old Ed "big-daddy" Roth drawing or decals, are just cool as hell... I always loved his stuff, especially as a younster, in the 60's...

Just make sure you use reproductions and not originals. I put some early 70s bumperstickers on one of my interceptors to see how long they would last, and they were cracking and peeling is just over three weeks. I had reproductions made of the vintage Pittsburgh stickers I wanted on my car, and put a mint 1972 Pirates sticker on the quarter windows to see how it would hold up. The repops look new, but the original stickers are pretty much nothing but adhesive and little bit of color here and there.

Those reproductions of the old Ed "big-daddy" Roth drawing or decals, are just cool as hell... I always loved his stuff, especially as a younster, in the 60's...

Hell yeah they are! I was hoping all you guys might have some Ed Roth stuff I haven't seen online yet. I do art when I'm not working on the car so I love seeing all that vintage Roth stuff

Just make sure you use reproductions and not originals. I put some early 70s bumperstickers on one of my interceptors to see how long they would last, and they were cracking and peeling is just over three weeks. I had reproductions made of the vintage Pittsburgh stickers I wanted on my car, and put a mint 1972 Pirates sticker on the quarter windows to see how it would hold up. The repops look new, but the original stickers are pretty much nothing but adhesive and little bit of color here and there.

Yeah I think mine are originals, bought them more for display than anything but I can't imagine they'd work too well after 45+ years lol is there a site online you can order repops from??

Hell yeah they are! I was hoping all you guys might have some Ed Roth stuff I haven't seen online yet. I do art when I'm not working on the car so I love seeing all that vintage Roth stuff

- - - Updated - - -

www.ratfink.com is a good one

- - - Updated - - -

I think his stuff is all copyrighted too

Well known Toronto burger hangout for muscle cars in the 60, and 70,s

Attachments

• Harvey,s.jpg
    Harvey,s.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 578
Mr. Norm tuned

Attachments

• Mr. Norm's Dyno Tuned Badge.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 552
Well known Toronto burger hangout for muscle cars in the 60, and 70,s

I bumped into a fellow car enthusiast a few weeks ago and we were talking about the Jane and 401 racing, he used to run a bright yellow blown 57 chev there.

www.ratfink.com is a good one

- - - Updated - - -

I think his stuff is all copyrighted too

Yeah I'm sure it is.

But from what I've seen online there doesn't seem to be much mopar-specific stuff out there in that style.. I was planning on doing a caricature of Peter Fonda in a Charger for when I start making business cards, maybe I'll sketch up some decal designs that'd be more specific to us with B-bodies. :thinker: If anyone has any ideas of something they'd want to see done feel free to share and I'll see what I can come up with! :icon_thumleft:

Yeah I'm sure it is.

But from what I've seen online there doesn't seem to be much mopar-specific stuff out there in that style.. I was planning on doing a caricature of Peter Fonda in a Charger for when I start making business cards, maybe I'll sketch up some decal designs that'd be more specific to us with B-bodies. :thinker: If anyone has any ideas of something they'd want to see done feel free to share and I'll see what I can come up with! :icon_thumleft:

OK maybe do a Big rear tired car smoken em', while doing a wheelie, in an A12 RR &/or A12 Super Bee side by side or Blown 68 RR & Blown Super Bee with a large sinister cartoonish type Road Runner &/or Scat Pack Bee character driving it, with a big o'l gear shifter coming out the top... ALA Ed Roth-esk

Attachments

• Scat Pack decal.jpg
    Scat Pack decal.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 539
  • 69 Dodge Scat Pak Decal.jpeg
    69 Dodge Scat Pak Decal.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 582
  • 70 Roadrunner Mopar Muscle mag. cover #1.jpg
    70 Roadrunner Mopar Muscle mag. cover #1.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 569
OK maybe do a Big rear tired car smoken em', while doing a wheelie, in an A12 RR &/or A12 Super Bee side by side or Blown 68 RR & Blown Super Bee with a large sinister cartoonish type Road Runner &/or Scat Pack Bee character driving it, with a big o'l gear shifter coming out the top... ALA Ed Roth-esk

Great idea! that was the first thing that came into my head too, a 6 pack rr or 'bee, and a mean version of the superbee/ scat pack bee would be fun to do. Definitely gotta get some sketches going now :icon_thumleft:

OK;there's story behind this one. Back in1984,someone broke the vent window on the '64 Fury I had then. Ended up at a Detroit area salvage yard where I found a window-with this applied. It is an original,as they were decals(I had about 10 unused ones lost in the infamous basement flood);there's a reproduction piece(a "sticker") on the Sport Fury now. This window hangs on the wall now,and I shot a coat of clear on the back to preserve it.

100_1513.jpg

100_1512.jpg

The three on the top drawer(N&S,CSE and Gratiot) are also originals as well:

100_2948.jpg

The "Kustom Headers" is also an original from the 1960's or early 1970's. This was a local company that did stuff for unusual applications.

I always keep my eyes open for cool old stuff like this at swaps and garage sales.

Al-K that North Woodward Timing Assoc. decal is cool....

Al-K that North Woodward Timing Assoc. decal is cool....

^ x2 :icon_thumleft: thanks for sharing Al, I also like the CSE one.

Anyone have any ideas for a Charger design other than my Dirty Mary Crazy Larry one? Maybe the scatpack bee driving a '69?

Auto Transport Service
Back