• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage decals??

Here's some I snapped a shot of on a really nice Polara at the local Dairy Queen a few months back

20131101_190936.jpg

20131101_191042.jpg

I had this on my windshield before the strip down of the car and replacement of the windshield. I bought this at Western Auto back in the 80's, it went on the inside of the glass. Would like to find one again, but nobody makes one that goes on the inside.
DSC03856small.jpg

My dad was a salesman for a decal manufacturing company, some of his clients were STP, Bardahl, Isky Cams and many other car related companies. One of his last clients was Bell motorcycle helmets. I can't tell you how may decals I played with as a kid putting them on my book covers, bikes and anything else that had a flat surface. I wish I still had some of those vintage collectible decals, like most things collectible now I didn't see the need to save them…hindsight is 20-20.

I had this on my windshield before the strip down of the car and replacement of the windshield. I bought this at Western Auto back in the 80's, it went on the inside of the glass. Would like to find one again, but nobody makes one that goes on the inside.
View attachment 160575

You can have a vinyl graphics retailer produce vinyl decals in reverse so they go on the inside. Then you can have them produced in a color that matches your ride, or stick with the white.

I think this might be what the topic was started for;

PlymouthRacingdecal_zps2c26f750.jpg

This decal was applied to my rear window in approximately 1972, by the second owner. He lived (and still does) in Las Vegas, and was a weekend racer in the GTX. He also got involved with a former well-known drag racer, and was part of the crew in the day...but that's another story.

I have been protecting this decal ever since I first bought the car, and hope to one day reproduce it.

I think this might be what the topic was started for;

PlymouthRacingdecal_zps2c26f750.jpg

This decal was applied to my rear window in approximately 1972, by the second owner. He lived (and still does) in Las Vegas, and was a weekend racer in the GTX. He also got involved with a former well-known drag racer, and was part of the crew in the day...but that's another story.

I have been protecting this decal ever since I first bought the car, and hope to one day reproduce it.

Yep that'll do Kiwi!! That's bad@ss and thanks for sharing, you definitely gotta get that one reproduced. And the heritage makes me even more jealous of your GTX haha :icon_thumleft:

Funny thing...
Grownig up as a Kid in RI during the 60s, I always got these 2 decals confused:

1. Thrush mufflers...
2. Clay Smith cams...

Isnt this an example of copyright infringement?

Attachments

• medium.jpg
    medium.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 130
  • imagesCAFRA48N.jpg
    imagesCAFRA48N.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 141
Auto Transport Service
Back