• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

I recently found a 62 or 63 wagon that looks to be a old race car, called "unwelcomed wagon" anyone heard of it befor its in california

:glasses2:I know the "Behemouth" out of the Vignogna stable is now for sale!!

117-1738_IMG.jpg Al & Lou1.jpg

HEMI-ITIS, thats the same style of wagon but not the same car.

Another Potent Max-Wedge Of The Day Was This '63 S/S Plymouth Of Philadelphia's Joe Daugherty's "Tightnuts" A Great Name For A Car! A Many Time NHRA National Class Record Holder. I Remember Sitting In The Staging Area At York In Rigor Mortis Watching Joe's Wife Or Girlfriend Changing Plugs In That Max-Wedge! Great Pair Of White Jeans!:sideways tongue:

I have the original engine for this car!
The car was originally called 'slo-motion' run by Clayton Wright .There was an article in super stock & drag illustrated March 75(vol 11#4) where joe was still running the "obsolete" max wedge with a national record of 10.67

Any idea where this car is? Is joe still with us?
I'd love to buy it and reunite both!

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Pops, your second picture is my good friend Mike "Speedy" Yantus. That picture was taken sometime in the early 70's. That car is still being raced today.
View attachment 216014Speedy's Mopar.jpg

Speedy's Mopar.jpg

Pops, Thank you for the photos of the Keystone Raceway Park(now Pittsburgh Raceway) in the 70's. I raced a 63 Fury and my best friend a original 64 Aluminum front Maxie Savoy.This was after high school, Wes Leipold (Daddy's Toy)and Carl Shodie(Steel City Wedge) were our heros of the track.I also remember Speedy's 63.The memories are flooding back seeing these photos !!!!

This is one from back then Westborn Plymouth Dearborn, Michigan. Driven by Paul Rossi

9467038_orig.jpgBelvedereontrailerwteam_zps5028a40e.jpg

9467038_orig.jpg Belvedereontrailerwteam_zps5028a40e.jpg

This thread is amazing! !!! I have some old pictures of my uncles stockers and super stockers from back in the 70's 80 ' s and 90's. I will have to scan them and post them up.

Let's see some 66 & 67 RO51 and WO51's

1st pic - Judy Lilly
2nd Pic - Dick Landy
3rd pic - Don Grotheer
4th pic - Don Grotheer
5th pic - Ray Christian
6th pic - Carol Fink

1967 RO JulyLilly.jpg 1967 WO23 Landy.jpg 1967BelvedereGroether2.jpg 1967Belvedergrotheer1.jpg 6456849-BakerChristian.jpg Carol Fink 67 RO II.jpg Carol Fink 67 RO.jpg

Great pics!

Did you know that "The High and Mighty" (last pic) was the Ramcharger's very first car! The Ramchargers team being some of Chrysler Corporation's engineering department! Think about that...

A great read is "WE WERE THE RAMCHARGERS" the book by Dave Rockwell.

I Started This Thread Many Months Ago It And Has Turned Into An Amazing Collection Of "The Way It Used To Be" Race Cars Back During The Day. It May Never Stop! Keep Posting!

Auto Transport Service
Back