• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voltage regulator

I use the denso alternators from the late '80's early 90's mopars, and the transpo adjustable regulator (although the stock regulator can be used) on all my early Mopars. As far as the pulleys, as far as I know all the pulleys are interchangeable on those denso alternators that look like that. I got several different pulleys (single and double, and different diameters) from my local alternator/generator/ starter rebuilder. Just loosen the nut, take the pulley off, put on the new pulley, and replace the nut.
Bear in mind that the drive sheave (aka "pulley") on OEM MOPAR alternators are a press fit or interference fit on the shaft (no key). The sheave can be removed with a puller, but the alternator must be disassembled to press the sheave bsck on. GM/ Ac-DELCO alternator have a nut securing the sheave/fan to the shaft. FYI.....a pulley is used on a conveyor belt drive system as a head and tail pulley.
BOB RENTON

I hope someone can help with the double pulls because all the ones I've looked at for the 4Runner are single. I don't know how hard a pulley swap would be.

Still makes life easier and Toyota Denso factory alternators are very well made and durable.
I agree Denso alternators should last awhile but...
I did have one failure..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

There are some relay setups you can get to stop that headlight dimming as they draw power from the alternator, they plug into the existing harness

Auto Transport Service
Back