• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to buy a new mower? Better float a loan.

Mower prices are shocking to say the least. Just picked up a Husqvarna for nothing. 46 inch cut. The guy had gone to Walmart and bought a new mower due to the Varner was smoking. Little did he know the carb had stuck the shutdown relay valve that stop's the fuel when the key is off. 26 dollars a new carb from Amazon and it runs like a champ. Oh, an oil change and filter also. Feel like it was a score. LOL.

If you don’t include a few horses. paid a total of $300 for lawn mowers in my life to the best of my recollection. A John Deere 322 that I returned from the grave and a John Deere jx75 that I put a new transmission in. I cannot fathom why anyone would spend thousands of dollars to cut grass. I might add the horses do a fine job and they seem to enjoy it a lot more then I do.

Wait, hold on...
You mean folks actually have machines that only mow?
Hmmm. What a concept... :)

(Tractor w/finish mower 3-pt.)

I think if I needed a mower this size, I would instead buy a good, used swather and bailer. Sell the bails and be money ahead.
Fine and dandy provided you don't actually have to keep your lawn cut!

Ah, a Bushpusher! Model 700 or 900?

:rofl:
Bushpusher, RC's favorite power tool.
:lol:
There just has to be a way to Turbo that thing.

Pops had a Gravely, it seemed old even back then......isn't what I posted a Gravely?

lX6KccZmuTRsaDxIn5tY_98j.jpg

Since this popped back up:
Here is a video of Dewalts brand new model, on fire, AT THE OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT CONVENTION. IN THE DEMO AREA. LOL

If this doesn't about sum up the entire EV thing I don't know what does.

edit: Oh yeah, they had to dig a hole next to it and push it in to put the fire out, the convention did not prepare with fire crews equipped with the special foam needed to stop a lithium fire.

PSA for you air cooled mower guys. Its time to remove your fan shroud and check the cooling fins. These mowers have sat idle all winter and might have a mouse nest or just plugged with dead grass. It will save you a costly repair to make sure they run cool.

the old man had one of these (and one that was apart)...... I was fascinated by it as a little kid, I'd like to restore one some day :D

View attachment 1415023
Years ago a local guy had one of those. He took the front attachment off, hooked a small cart on behind it, stood on the cart and drive it around town from time to time.

Auto Transport Service
Back