• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

well crap.. flooded out !

1725646002063.png

If you cannot get the swale reopened consider using something like this at the end of the pipe. We used a design like this in retention ponds. If the bottom inlet gets clogged with debris the water will rise and flow through the top. The grates keep the debris out of the pipe so it is less likely to clog.

Well, if they do total it, I will have a rust free, dent free set if 72 rallye doors for sale

Just reading this now. What a mess. So sorry to hear of your troubles. My backyard is currently flooded due to all of our recent rainfall, but nothing like what you've experienced... Best of luck with ALL of it...

Sorry man. We live in a semi-arid area. I don't mean to make light of it but I miss the big storms back in KS and OK.

So....what part of the state ARE you in, sir?
tennessee-s-three-grand-divisions-l.jpg
West - flat an' low, Mississippi side
Middle - Cumberland Plateau flat and medium
East - hilly an' high, Appalachian type stuff (my end of the state)

Yes, flash floods occur in mountainous regions around here in high elevations too.
Depends on where you are in relation to drainage swales...such floods are sudden
and can kill folks, especially in the middle of the night.

So....what part of the state ARE you in, sir?
View attachment 1722834
West - flat an' low, Mississippi side
Middle - Cumberland Plateau flat and medium
East - hilly an' high, Appalachian type stuff (my end of the state)

Yes, flash floods occur in mountainous regions around here in high elevations too.
Depends on where you are in relation to drainage swales...such floods are sudden
and can kill folks, especially in the middle of the night.
Hey Ed,
Just east of knoxville right at the foot of GSM national park

Don't let the car go,buy it back,dry it out and get it back on the road!

I wouldn’t turn the car in — I’d fix it with out their help just to keep it and keep the title and history clear . It’s nothing you can’t handle. Just my opinion .

well, adjuster came out, he says water lines weren't as high, can be fixed, BUT, now, car wont start, no power to MSD box and blowing fuses for lights.
can ran fine before water, and all lights worked,

This is one big crap show!! I'm so sorry! You eat an apple, one bite at a time, you'll get there. Good luck!!

plus... a bear got inside my jeep last night !

I apologize for skipping most of the posts, but I feel for anyone subject to flooding.
My house is elevated about 5 feet on a mound of earth, but the detached garage and anything at ground level is likely to flood.
I've had 4½ feet of water on the ground.
I used to move my Roadrunner out and to a high spot where my best friend lives, about 20 minutes away, but unfortunately I don't have it anymore.
I'm moving some stuff around, and hoping, expecting Francine not to bring much water in.
20210830_063524.jpg
20210830_063908.jpg
20210830_063610.jpg

got hit with 4+ inches of rain in less than an hour sunday afternoon, caused a flash flood, my charger was on the ground, thankfully, the satty was on the lift.. waiting on insurance adjuster now, charger had water up past the seats.
only the garage and man cave flooded
View attachment 1721580View attachment 1721581View attachment 1721582View attachment 1721583View attachment 1721584View attachment 1721585View attachment 1721586View attachment 1721587View attachment 1721588View attachment 1721590
Just curious as to the
adjacent developments
surrounding your shop
that have been built since
it was completed.
Civil engineers take into
account water management
that may occur with what
they call 50 or 100 year
storms, but are based on
your sites surrounding
topographical conditions.
Any changes to those can
dramatically affect water
flow due to increased areas
of asphalt and concrete.
My heart goes out to you.
I hope things work out in
your favor.

plus... a bear got inside my jeep last night !
Caught a car theif in mine.
My ever faithful dog and my
.357 held him at bay 'till the
cops showed up.
The bast*rd had the gall to
try and sue me 'cause my
pup chewed his arm up
pretty good.
The "beware of dog" and no
tresspassing signs saved
my butt.

Just curious as to the
adjacent developments
surrounding your shop
that have been built since
it was completed.
Civil engineers take into
account water management
that may occur with what
they call 50 or 100 year
storms, but are based on
your sites surrounding
topographical conditions.
Any changes to those can
dramatically affect water
flow due to increased areas
of asphalt and concrete.
My heart goes out to you.
I hope things work out in
your favor.
1STMP,
thats a good question, there are several new developments happening in my area. cutting off the tops on the mountains. there are several small business that were flooded out as well, they are looking to bring a class action suit against the developers. it was weird. started as a clear / brackish water, then a wall of orange mud laden water came and really hit hard. a lot of people blame the the developers not considering the drainage problems. these developments are not complete and I dont think they have installed their drainage systems yet. Just stripped and flattened the land

well, adjuster came out, he says water lines weren't as high, can be fixed, BUT, now, car wont start, no power to MSD box and blowing fuses for lights.
can ran fine before water, and all lights worked,
Get an estimate to replace the entire wiring system front to back.

1STMP,
thats a good question, there are several new developments happening in my area. cutting off the tops on the mountains. there are several small business that were flooded out as well, they are looking to bring a class action suit against the developers. it was weird. started as a clear / brackish water, then a wall of orange mud laden water came and really hit hard. a lot of people blame the the developers not considering the drainage problems. these developments are not complete and I dont think they have installed their drainage systems yet. Just stripped and flattened the land
I thought this may be the
case. I don't know the rules
set for your state regarding
new construction, but when
I worked for 2 different civil
engineers in NM, water
control was first and
foremost. Where these
storms may cause
considerable damage due
to runoff, we designed
temporary holding ponds