• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to the track Friday. What should I try next?

Thats a definate step in the right direction.
Doug

My next upgrades are better shocks and fiberglass hood and ft bumper
From my steel hood, 4.5” hemi scoop and stock hinges to Fiberglass hood and lightened hinges was a 38lb reduction. The picture below is the fiberglass hood and 3” hemi scoop and new for this season.
IMG_9931.jpeg

Carb covers and bolts. I didn’t have bolts on scale when I weighed intake lol

IMG_2045.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

Looks like you ran aircleaners? What's the (2!) aircleaners weigh!

I weighed the Indy single plane 28lbs The carb cover is 3.1 oz lol.So the crossram set up is 24lbs heavier

IMG_2048.jpeg

That's why the Single plane and Dominator are reputed to be quicker. They weigh less. Oh, twin Holleys are about 6 lbs heavier than the pair of Eddy's
Doug

That's why the Single plane and Dominator are reputed to be quicker. They weigh less. Oh, twin Holleys are about 6 lbs heavier than the pair of Eddy's
Doug
I bet you’re pretty much dead on with that.

So it should run exactly the same with 2 carbs, all sorted out. Ish. We'll see hopefully.

So it should run exactly the same with 2 carbs, all sorted out. Ish. We'll see hopefully.
I was going 10.45 with 2. Switched to 1 and it went 10.37. Weight had a factor in the difference.

Last year when I put the single four on, I picked up two tenths. Hopefully I can get it to run 1080s with the cross ram.

Last year when I put the single four on, I picked up two tenths. Hopefully I can get it to run 1080s with the cross ram.

Well if that Indy is MW port - I may be able to take it off your hands if you decide to stick with the cross ram. Plus there would be no shipping :)

put a couple of holleys on it and watch it fly...
Mine with AFB's, best ever 9.00@149. With a very nice set of cutom built Holley's, 8.96@150. I will say the Holleys are quicker in poor air than the AFB's by maybe a .10
Doug

Mine with AFB's, best ever 9.00@149. With a very nice set of cutom built Holley's, 8.96@150. I will say the Holleys are quicker in poor air than the AFB's by maybe a .10
Doug
these r my race units, 750 holley XP's on my original stage 3 X ram. infinitely adjustable.....

IMG_1566.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back