• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s your favorite sandwich meat

The Ham Salad Sandwich made me smile as I like them and of course an Egg Salad Sandwich...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

My g-friend makes me egg salad all the time and it is dyno-mite. She calls it yuk-yuk cuz she can't stand the smell of it when she makes it...or after I eat it :rolleyes:

34b9e8fe14bd5af0a259db01f114bfb79cc71b20.gif

da8b629190acb296e49b4dec134efda016152a32.gif

aa9c3ea6b16a23ba3cc6ae92e885d57caf2146e9.gif

65adbdc1153dc1d89136346889585896b61a25a5.gif

Pastrami Reuben​

bologna , salami, thurunger , some brands of liver sausage, sandwich pepperoni, cappocola, ( sometimes i’ll blend 2-3 meats on a sammich) as for cheese on it sharp cheddar , colby jack , swiss . best bread al cohens seeded rye ( swiebels good also ) , condiments, webers horseradish mustard, helmans mayo , wobblers horseradish mayo !!! if in a wild mood i’ll toss on some sliced dill pickles…

Cold roast lamb with tomato relish and pepper & salt.

For several years I serviced accounts in lower Manhattan from Wall St. down to the bay. When times were busy, I couldn't stop for lunch so all I could get on the fly was 'dirty water hot dog' (push cart with an umbrella), a knish and can of Coke. wolf that down in 5 minutes and keep walking to my next call. Those things were delicious.

For several years I serviced accounts in lower Manhattan from Wall St. down to the bay. When times were busy, I couldn't stop for lunch so all I could get on the fly was 'dirty water hot dog' (push cart with an umbrella), a knish and can of Coke. wolf that down in 5 minutes and keep walking to my next call. Those things were delicious.
When stationed in West Germany I regularly ate from the roadside wagons that had bratwursts and currywursts grilling away. A hunk of hard bread roll and a short beer and I was in business..

I've been craving some olive loaf with red onion and spicy brown mustard. Wife forgot to grab it at the store yesterday.
89b12e70e6fdc80cd296c458ffae8881.jpg

When I was managing a rail to truck bulk flour terminal in the Hunts Point Market in 1992, I would have to run loads to Brooklyn if things got really busy. The local drivers taught me to run through Manhattan to save time. I would double park the rig, and grab a pastrami on rye from a deli. I've been hooked on Boars Head meats ever since.

When I was managing a rail to truck bulk flour terminal in the Hunts Point Market in 1992, I would have to run loads to Brooklyn if things got really busy. The local drivers taught me to run through Manhattan to save time. I would double park the rig, and grab a pastrami on rye from a deli. I've been hooked on Boars Head meats ever since.
The Greasy spoon diner in Hunts Point make great burgers….

Not sure I have a favorite....

In no particular order, if you asked me any given day-
Braunschweiger with some loose raw onion on some firm bread, sometimes local gorcery/bakery "ham bun" works good.
Pastrami on marble rye with some gulden's spicy brown and a slice of local cheese plant's smoked gouda
Roast beef. Sometimes i make it a hot roast beef, sometimes just a bit of garlic salt, sometimes a couple drips of steak sauce, depends on bread.
Local deli sells this sliced "buffalo chicken" deli meat. Some of that on a nice bun with a smear of mayo is good

Now outside of deli style, a good burger. In dairyland, hamburger is a staple so plenty of great places with local meat to choose from.

Honorable mention: my Ma makes a reuben on dark pumpernickle in a fry pan I can eat like 5 in one sitting until I can't move. They even re-heat really well. I have yet to be able to duplicate how she makes them despite watching her do it for decades. My younger sister has come close. Grew up in a house with 7 kids on the farm, Ma had this down to assembly line style and loaded a big platter with them as they fried up.

Auto Transport Service
Back