• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Got the mufflers switched out on the Satellite.

Just waiting on a water pump pulley spacer to arrive and I can button this bad boy up and get her back on the road later this week hopefully.

Gave the engine bay and lower areas a degreasing today. I was blessed with oil leaks due to no PCV system to apply vacuum to the crankcase.The PO only used breather caps.Took it to run some errands, got a block away and the P/S pressure hose blew. At least it was close to home. New one on the way. In the meantime, I'm going to get rid of the gaps on the front of the fan shroud and add some metal to the engine side so the fan is in an actual hole. Might even help with the cooling! Another area to be fixed from PO mods.

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

Got the mufflers switched out on the Satellite.

Just waiting on a water pump pulley spacer to arrive and I can button this bad boy up and get her back on the road later this week hopefully.

Did you go with those new ‘66 date coded ones that Scott Smith mentioned that Waldron? Exhausts makes ?

Do these cars get a Walter pump spacer or viscous fan clutch late the later Hemi’s do?

I thought it looked like the pop machine was sneakin up and thought nobody was noticing.

Gonna be at least 75 and sunny today. I'll probably take the `cuda and my Hellcat out today. Maybe I'll be okay with the cops on my birthday....yeah, right. LOL

Did you go with those new ‘66 date coded ones that Scott Smith mentioned that Waldron? Exhausts makes ?

Do these cars get a Walter pump spacer or viscous fan clutch late the later Hemi’s do?
My 66 Satellite came with 4 bladed fixed fan. March build, St Louis build.

No, Dynomax super Turbos.

In some circles I may get chastised for not keeping it all oe stock. But Its my car . If someone wants to take it all OE . pay me $200 k for the car and have at it. ( and No I dont think its worth anything near that kind of money.) But it aint for sale either.

I "think; the early cars were a direct drive 4 blade fan . But not 100% sure on that. My car has an 8-blade direct drive fan. And It doesn't overheat, so I aint changing anything.

My car has a fluid damper balancer so it requires a mix of B/RB stock pulleys. And I saw the water pump pulley was not in straight alignment with the crank pulley. So need to bring it forward about an eighth inch or so , "while I have it apart . Might as well thing "

Edit, My car is early April , Lynch Rd

Last edited:
it was BEYOND time to change the front tires. I achieved a goal I forgot I set… to wear out the tires and age out at the same time. These were dated 2014.

1AAA5658-E671-4772-86CB-DCF5205B8B2A.jpeg

They are directional so I marked them all.

F1A3A17B-2F31-43E7-85D7-473C3D1F6673.jpeg

Let’s hope the tire guys can read.

10FE68DD-808E-4D72-846E-DA6FD7AEDD2C.jpeg

The guys got it right.

A107FDB9-4479-4B81-9ADB-C4F28FD9A9EF.jpeg

The last time I changed tires, they got all 4 backwards.
Tire height:

47352F64-7486-4D5E-B04F-BFE8DF209992.jpeg

1/2” taller. This ought to increase caster.

8B154681-1DE4-429B-A88E-BD44B61B4284.jpeg

Kidding. 1/4” ride height increase has almost no effect.
Cheers.

I'm going to mount some old tires on rusty wheels to compliment the "it's only original once" vibe
I'm going for...

I just got off the phone with my transmission guy.....he will be installing the new transmission deep sump for me and replacing my home-made cobbled up bracket for the kick-down arm.
Deep sump as recommended by @66 Sat - :thumbsup: I have the gauge ready, and the sump with extension to the filter....hoping next week it will happen.

Took the glass, tracks, and regulators out of my Duster. Doing some cleaning, and giving the hole-saws another workout. And no, I'm not drilling the windows....

Who said Oz never did give nothing to the tin man! Nice work!
Thanks. My buddy Jamie in Gloucester is the metal master. I’m just his lackie.
Drilling, grinding,, second pair of hands. Digging it though

Auto Transport Service
Back