• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I spent all day yesterday in the shop working on the wiring harness. Actually hooked up the battery and nothing caught on fire. Put oil, trans fluid, coolant and gas in in for the first time. With any luck I can finish wiring today, install the gage panel, and crank her. I am stoked. This engine swap started in May. I am ready to drive it instead of wrench on it for a change.

Hood sheet metal on the 69 RR was loose from framing,reglued with silicone sealant thought that was best way to do it.Anybody have better way to secure it?

Last edited:
It lives! Cranked the beast for the first time! Man she sounds awesome with open headers. Now just got to get the steering column and brakes finished and put the interior back together. Can't wait to drive her again.

You know;coffee is NOT supposed to be exhaled through the nose...just read this and lost it. Too effin' funny.

Sorry,but there IS a thread out there now.

I'm surprised Stuie didn't warn you about me....:icon_mrgreen:

Our 69 Bee finally got the windshield and rear window installed after 3 years of waiting...some jerk shot out the windshield 3 years ago and we had to wait for the gaskets to be made as well. Also needed to do the body work. Will be on the road again within the next week or so once we fix the header gasket, tune up, axle bearing and brake hoses.

Photo shoot tomorrow at the Murky News in San Jose. Then, oil change, pull off the rest of the rear window tint and check the Dana level. Trip prep for LA. Thats the 69. Wiped off the new Challenger and put StaBil in for storage. Charger needs a bath.

I feel bad.... I pushed it outside so I could work on a customers Firebird. But I did get the engine in the firechicken so I was able to get the Charger back in the shop before dark and the money from the firebird goes into the Mopar!

Got the back end of my car on jack stands found the im-pack wrench... Ive had the new brakes for a month sitting on the bench, Car work here been real slow.

Took it for a nice cruise and opened her up a little, garage is all cleaned up and ready for her. Only a few weeks left and she'll be put away for the cold Wisconsin winter..This is fine as i really need to start working on paint issues. Trying to decide if i just want to redo the areas that need it, or strip it down complete and give it a whole new paint job. :confused::confused:

Took it for a nice cruise and opened her up a little, garage is all cleaned up and ready for her. Only a few weeks left and she'll be put away for the cold Wisconsin winter..This is fine as i really need to start working on paint issues. Trying to decide if i just want to redo the areas that need it, or strip it down complete and give it a whole new paint job. :confused::confused:

You would never know looking at your pictures you were thinking of a resto as beautiful as it sits.. That shade of green is perfect on it!

Got a call saying it was ready to be picked up... not bad.. only took all summer and now that the rain is coming and it isnt ready for it I get to have it back.. and it still cost over $500 for exhaust, plugs, and front wheel bearings... better have timed it as well and the distributor went bad while they had it all summer long too.
But at least its coming home

shined up the hood vents today :)

2012-10-11_14-54-20_620vents.jpg

I had a couple of cigarettes and a glass of scotch; neat. meanwhile, i stared at my GTX...

then i proceeded to tape off the new tail panel i purchased to replace the only eyesore the GTX'er has. :icon_bounce:

Attachments

• GTX Exterior (94).JPG
    GTX Exterior (94).JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Tail Panel Resto (2).jpg
    Tail Panel Resto (2).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Tail Panel Resto (1).jpg
    Tail Panel Resto (1).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Tail Panel Resto.jpg
    Tail Panel Resto.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 175
Walked by it on my way to work and lifted the car cover to make sure the 72'RR clone/tribute/muscle car was still there.

Auto Transport Service
Back