• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Saw a vid about using one of those cutlery cleaning gizmo's with the brushes inside that cleans both sides of a fork at once. Just slide the belt between the brushes and scrub. Seemed to work well. took a few minutes each belt using liquid cleaner and a clean wet cloth to rinse. My belts in both the truck and the car are really grungy.

View attachment 1717259

OxiClean did wonders for mine! Maybe the spray version with the two sided brush you showed?
I'm sure you don't want to take them all apart!

20210213_135242.jpg
20210214_203713.jpg
20210217_185330.jpg
20210217_185353.jpg
20210217_184358.jpg
20210217_184404.jpg
20210217_184623.jpg
20210220_194725.jpg

Put these oval exhaust tips on, and finished buffing it out.
Well, your never “finished” but its pretty finished until I do it againimage.jpg

Rebuilt my factory Slap Stik Shifter Bezel

Cleaned up my Slap Stik Shifter mechanism - It Slaps and Stiks better then ever
Honestly just a good clean , no lube - Looks brand new

Had ordered a new chrome bezel many years ago when they came available

Well the time came because the blue cap for the console shifter light bulb came loose and was bouncing

In order to get to that blue cap inside you had to drill out all the small spot welds on the tin

Then on the factory chrome bezel itself , grind off the peened over pins that holds it in place.

Used countersunk aircraft aluminum rivets for the light tin , had to keep everything flush because of the black plastic light line that slides with the shifter

Chrome bezel , apparently the newer ones have screws and threads - Mine was beautiful and an older one and had the factory pins , no screws , lined up perfect , didn’t want to hammer and peen over - Just a tiny bit epoxy super glue on the pins , perfection

Then to top it off

A new bright and beautiful LED Bulb to replace the old 57

Turned out Awesome Honestly

Where are the pictures - NONE
Sorry

And of course they reproduce this whole assembly for $150.00 now

Last edited:
OxiClean did wonders for mine! Maybe the spray version with the two sided brush you showed?
I'm sure you don't want to take them all apart!

View attachment 1717529View attachment 1717530View attachment 1717531View attachment 1717532View attachment 1717533View attachment 1717534View attachment 1717535View attachment 1717536
No, the trick is to lay a big towel over the seat, pull the belt all of the way out at the top and push the buckle up there and clamp it so it stays there leaving the belt all loose. Then spray the belt with cleaner soaking wet and use the brush. Wipe it off repeatedly with a wet towel till it wipes clean, done, dry with a hair dryer so the wet belt doesn't reel back into the holder and get moldy. You can test if it's clean by comparing the lower end of the belt with the upper end that never gets pulled out.

I think it mat have been sabotage, I bought the car from his dad. The motor was in pieces at the said mechanics home instead of loading up parts and taking them to my trusted guy I thought it would be best to have him finish it, MISTAKE.

I've owned dozens of Mopar collectable cars. Regrettably, after forty years I just sold my last Mopar. At 76 years old, and multiple back surgeries, enthusiasm of working on and maintaining old cars is gone.

Dans ad 1.jpg

rebuilt engine.jpg

Don't tell Trudy... but im thinking on another 62. its in a box. but needs everything so it has that going for it....

4ec23a396a2f1fdb.jpeg

Just finished replacing the jacked up bulkhead connecter on the Charger. PO made it worse rather than fixing it properly. Now it is fresh and repinned how it should be.

Decided to start the wire harness replacement on the 71RR. Everything worked, but if you touched the wires, the insulation would crack and crumble. New engine and foward light harness.
20240831_095025.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back