• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

More work on the dang screen porch slab.
Found a pocket of real strong glue and some chips to the underlaying surface.
Maybe that's why they river rocked it.
It's taken about 8 HARD, bone jarring hits with my 4x4 mounted 4 chisel to dislodge a post it note size section of river rock.
YAY!
My wife is painting the 12x12 bedroom and considering moving her studio there.
I had to spackle around a loose recep and a few other areas.

We took a break and went to lunch for our 18th anniversary and celebrated that and Cinco De Mayo "New Orleans style". I had blackened redfish with grit cakes and she had pasta Orleans with blackened shrimp, and of course a margarita. She also had a $10 off anniversary coupon.

Now back to *** busting.

Last edited:
Bought a solar powered fan to help circulate hot air out of the shop.
Rube Goldberged an extension ladder on top of my scaffold to see about installing it.
20240506_184730.jpg

It actually feels more stable on top of the ladder than on the scaffold.

Last edited:
My wife and I went to the local Wed-night cruise, in Mt. Clemens. We were enjoying the sun, and I noticed someone walking down the sidewalk. I was almost frantic, as I couldn't remember this woman's name. [age related brain-fart] Her and her man [Brian] were checking out mom's `cuda. I finally asked her , her first name. I told her I was embarrassed, and she laughed. She smiled and said "Claudia". We all talked for awhile, and she was super pleasant... as always. When we were leaving, she yelled "Good-bye Mike, Good-bye Rhonda"!! It was something cool to start the season....
Claudia Miss Direct Connection 5-8-24 Mt. Clemens.jpg
1715216216160.png

The last few years I've restored a few bikes rather than the knock down-drag out $$$$ Mopar restorations. I bought this less than two months ago and test rode it today.

suzy.jpg

goldie2.jpg

1982. This is my 750 I did 2 years ago. I like bikes and you don't get burnt out on them like we do on cars.

DSC03854.JPG

My wife and I went to the local Wed-night cruise, in Mt. Clemens. We were enjoying the sun, and I noticed someone walking down the sidewalk. I was almost frantic, as I couldn't remember this woman's name. [age related brain-fart] Her and her man [Brian] were checking out mom's `cuda. I finally asked her , her first name. I told her I was embarrassed, and she laughed. She smiled and said "Claudia". We all talked for awhile, and she was super pleasant... as always. When we were leaving, she yelled "Good-bye Mike, Good-bye Rhonda"!! It was something cool to start the season....
View attachment 1660403View attachment 1660405
WOW! That is too Cool!!!!
I never would have remembered Claudia's name... but who could forget her on that DC poster!!!

Last edited:
Seems like it's been constant 'maintenance' at my GF's place and mine. Not nearly as efficient as I used to be and loading anything that's 35lbs or more isn't as easy on my back anymore. Past several days have been above normal temps and pretty dang humid but getting things done but looks like from right now until Monday late, I can do what I need to do on my place but today, I'm taking it easy after a pretty busy last couple of days. At least they've been pleasant!

The wife is about to subject me to working in the yard! I cut back a lot of brush and small trees coming up behind the garage,and along the fenceline! Also worked with the Mrs. in her garden.
Glad I don't have to put up with the X dictating yard work to me anymore!! I usually did it but not on her schedule lol
After work yesterday came home to see my youngest bought $3,000 worth of new tires and wheels for his truck so I helped him put them on last evening. Not my style but it’s his truck and what he wanted. Nice and ride nice..

View attachment 1646445

View attachment 1646446
Never been a fan of that style of wheel either and especially so when they hang out well past the fenders like that....but you're right, it's his vehicle.
The last few years I've restored a few bikes rather than the knock down-drag out $$$$ Mopar restorations. I bought this less than two months ago and test rode it today.

View attachment 1660419

View attachment 1660420
Dang.....in a billion pieces! Why was it blown apart in the first place? Nice job is all I can say and that would have taken me WAY longer to put together!

Clouds are pretty cool today..they look fake! Bringing fuel 2 the planter..finally started planting today.

20240509_173801.jpg

Last edited:
Side job, installed new kitchen cabinets and LED lights. Have to pay for a new rotisserie and two post lift.

1715302034063.png

Working great finally, then I start her up and no hydraulics. Looks like it's gonna be fun tearing apart everything to find where the offshore's filter gasket material went!
20240509_113531.jpg
20240509_115513.jpg
20240509_115518.jpg
20240509_115521.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back