• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you do

In a heartbeat......... I overheard a person once say, insurance, are you kidding, I can barely afford the car. While in a bar having a few beers.

get the plate number and call it in. Tired of people not giving a dam about other peoples stuff.

Appx 40 years ago I slid into an icy parking space while late for class at night school, taking out the passenger side door of the car next to me. Oops!
Left a note with my contact info and a brief explanation. Returning to my car I found a response that (roughly) said "thanks but its a piece of sh*t anyway!" Not too sure that would happen these days.

Yes, I think it is the right thing to do. Same if you saw an assault or a breaking and entering

Of course ! It is your ethical duty to report it to local L.E. The officer will take your report and give you an incident number. You may be contacted afterward for potential witness testimony, or insurance investigation.

yes, and it's somewhat political!........... almost half the population has zero integrity

So last night this happened in Prescott , guy took off we called 911 , just happened the police drive by as I was on the phone , the guy pulled into a parking lot about a block down the road. I did not get the plate # but someone else did and called it in to. Felt bad for the guy who owns the parked vehicle , could of been me

Surprised the police take these kind of calls. It's just property damage. No threat to the government.

Then does insurance ask go a police report?

Surprised the police take these kind of calls. It's just property damage. No threat to the government.
It's for insurance claims for
parties involved. No proof
shifts the cost to the victim
for repairs. The insurance
company can deny
settlement if comprehensive
coverage isn't included in
your policy.

I’ve had it happen to me, surveillance cameras caught it on video, but didn’t get a license plate number. To this day is still pisses me off, I would call it in in a heartbeat.

Right before getting on the New Jersey Turnpike going to Carlisle Chryslers I am backing out of the parking spot at the convenience store and the right rear of my '92 B350 van's bumper catches the right rear bumper this guy's black 2021 Mustang convertible. OH, S**T! I went in and yelled, nobody answered, a guy came out of the men's room, not him, it was the guy in the stall! I waited for him. First call he makes is to his lawyer father! Then he calls 911, we exchange info, we wait for the cop, 10 minutes later he comes, in the middle of talking to us he gets a call, there's a bad accident, we need to wrap this up. The other driver is from Pennsylvania with a car registered in Maryland without insurance card! From my perspective there was not much damage but who knows. I called my agent and she said wait 'till we hear from them. So here I am 2 1/2 weeks later.......

Auto Transport Service
Back