• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's the going rate for a bulge hood?

The '72 version on my '71 I found in a wrecking yard for $100 back in 1989 with light front end damage. The front of the hood was bent down so I had a body shop pull it back into shape and primer it. They cost me another $150, so I had about $250 into a unpainted hood and though that was a good deal?

I just sold a 74 rr hood for $300.00 missing the incerts.. Also had a couple center braces cut out from the under side for some reason

AMD is NOT going to make the bulge hoods. They are not going to reproduce any of the bulge hoods for 71-74 Dodge. They are not making the 71 R/T skins or the 72 Rallye.

That's kinda funny you seem so sure, AMD didn't make any Buick stuff either, that is until my boss brought them some NOS qtrs and such , now they do .. my point is, never say never ...

That's kinda funny you seem so sure, AMD didn't make any Buick stuff either, that is until my boss brought them some NOS qtrs and such , now they do .. my point is, never say never ...

I didn't say NEVER. They just said there was not much of a demand for it. They don't want to keep the hoods on the shelf for ten years. Maybe if more people call and commit..they might do something.

I just sold a 74 rr hood for $300.00 missing the incerts.. Also had a couple center braces cut out from the under side for some reason
I have a 74 RR, and the center braces appear cut also. The current theory is that they kept making the 71-2 air-grabbr under pinnings for the later 73-4 bulge hoods.

id sell you mine but is been through hell (ie dirt track car) the previous owner didnt take car of the car like he should of but if i find any in the indiana area i could let you know last time i seen one in good shap it was a 73 rt hood for 500 perfect shape the guy sold it a week later just when i got the cash up

Who wants to go into business with me? Here's the plan-

I need someone to go in 1/2 on a bulk quantity purchase from VFN in Chicago.

Ideally, this business partner would live closer to Chicago than Florida.

We would buy enough hoods to get a negotiated discount, and then split the inventory.

That partenr would pick up the trailer full of hoods, and I'd drive up to meet them.

Then we'd go to car shows/swap meets in our respective geographical areas.

I bet we could move at least enough hoods to offset the cost of gas and maybe even get a free hood out of the deal.

If it was sucessful the first year, it could turn into a yearly enterprise.

Then we could add dash pads, etc, etc, and become the 3rd gen Charger resto parts dealers, and customers would save shipping on truck freight items.

Any takers?

Auto Transport Service
Back