• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Wednesday

Sporting our blue with my wife's Challenger R/T classic, with factory mags,and not just one but two 96 Indy Ram trucks. At one time we had two of them, they were two VIN numbers apart and they were built on the same day. 2802 were built total in 96. They had 17 inch factory mags.

IMG_0147.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know who made these wheels ? What brand ? PO had put them on about 2008, but he could not remember.
Get asked at car cruises quite often..

IMG_7646.JPG

Last edited:
My stepdads 70 Sport Fury S/23 last night at a show. I’ll put it in taillight Tuesday next week….

5470E7DC-CA59-4BFC-A1D2-2931C4D24D0C.jpeg

Restored version of the '73 Dodge Challenger "Saturday Night Special" factory kit car prototype originally built by Petty Enterprises . . .

'73 Dodge Challenger 'Saturday Night Special' factory kit car built by Petty Enterprises (4).jpg

'73 Dodge Challenger 'Saturday Night Special' factory kit car built by Petty Enterprises (2).jpg

'73 Dodge Challenger 'Saturday Night Special' factory kit car as built by Petty Enterprises (6).jpg
'73 Dodge Challenger 'Saturday Night Special' factory kit car built by Petty Enterprises (1).jpg

'73 Dodge Challenger 'Saturday Night Special' factory kit car built by Petty Enterprises (4).jpg

Last edited:
That black and white press photo looks more like a Dart.
I haven't done in-depth research on the kit cars but it appears that the car featured in my post was a prototype completed in 1973, before the kit car program actually got started. I believe that press photo is from 1974 and depicts a kit that was available at that time. I found an article by Mecum Auctions that goes into more detail on the kit cars and states that "starting with the basic Petty Enterprises chassis, the car could be bodied as a Chrysler A- or E-model." That article has more detailed information and photos. Here's the link . . .

Kit Racer: 1973 Dodge Challenger Race Car — Fuel Tank

Auto Transport Service
Back