• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

People doing stupid things

We often thought he was a drunk, but he comes and goes way too often. He would have like 3500 DUI's. And, his mowing lines are always too straight and perfect. I do see him with a beer occasionally walking around his yard or on his front porch.
I've known a couple of alkys that could function like they never had a single drink.....but downed a 12 pack or more a day!!

Yep, I have an OCD neighbor. I could go on for hours the stupid stuff he does.
Just a few examples:
-Mows a different direction, edges, weed wacks and leaf blows his yard every single day as early as 7 a.m. and sometimes twice a day. Once with push mower and later in the day on his rider. Will even do it in the rain.
-Washes his cars almost every day or at least as soon as it is done raining.
-leaves as many as 12 times a day (I counted one time) alternating between each car each time. Leaves for 20 mins, comes home from 20 mins to an hour and then leaves for 20 mins again. Backs in/Parks in the garage every time he comes home.
-forever switching one car to the other to each side of his garage through out each day.
-power washes everything all the time almost all day.
-I can never leave my windows open in spring, summer or nice fall days due to all of the above equipment running every day. My house smells like exhaust fumes or 2 stroke.
-He never parks in the street. Unless someone in the neighborhood is having people over. Then he will park in front of his house so no one else can. When I had my Dad's retirement party and my Daughter and Son's graduation parties (all 3 years apart). He did it all 3 times and to any other neighbors get together's.
-He puts posts up with chains so no one uses his drive way when he is not home or to turn around. Moves them around all the time to let himself in and out.
-He puts them behind his own vehicles to remind himself not to back up his own driveway too far or something???
He puts all his trash on my yard of his driveway on garbage day. 6' from the curb. Like the garbage men can't see it???? My kids park their vehicles in the street. If they are parked bumper to bumper in front of our own house, the front vehicle cannot pull away from house without moving his trash out of the way.
-He leave blows dozens of times per day all fall season long.
He blows the snow off his grass until it gets heavy enough that he can't keep up.
-Same with shoveling and snow blowing at all hours of the night during winter.
-And, it goes on and on.

View attachment 1682059

View attachment 1682060

View attachment 1682061

View attachment 1682062

View attachment 1682063

View attachment 1682064

View attachment 1682065

View attachment 1682066
Sounds maybe like a fella afraid of the silence that comes with solitude, so he keeps moving....
I'm guessing here of course. He could just be in need of some help and is crackers.

In a way, I can relate though on the avoiding the silence bit - if I'm honest, I've spent the last several years simply
not stopping; that **** comes from having something stop you against your will.
You don't dare get quiet...

See, garbage on my side again this morning just to be an Ahole. For months now, he takes his garbage out at like 5:30 a.m. so I don't move it back anymore.

20240517_170100.jpg

See, garbage on my side again this morning just to be an Ahole. For months now, he takes his garbage out at like 5:30 a.m. so I don't move it back anymore.

View attachment 1682508
Find you some roadkill and put it in his can......add something to it to make it smell really bad. The garbage pickup here is now on Wednesdays and Saturdays and the guy across the street put his out yesterday (Thursday) but is gone several days in a row so that might be why. If I don't have very much and his can is out on the side of the road, I'll put mine in it. I know it sucks having ahole neighbors but sometimes being kind to them just kills them lol. Talk to him and see if he likes pastries.....but don't put any Exlax in them :D

Sounds maybe like a fella afraid of the silence that comes with solitude, so he keeps moving....
I'm guessing here of course. He could just be in need of some help and is crackers.

In a way, I can relate though on the avoiding the silence bit - if I'm honest, I've spent the last several years simply
not stopping; that **** comes from having something stop you against your will.
You don't dare get quiet...
I kinda feel like I got stopped many times when I was married to the tyrant wife then once she left, I felt like I was about to lose everything even though she said she didn't want the house or much of anything in it. Her saying that only perked up my ears more because that told me she was going for the throat but she didn't.

However, at first that didn't stop me from getting rid of things that I wish I had never got rid of. Oh well. Thing is, I got busy doing things out in the shop more so than ever and once the divorce was final, I still had the house and could have kept all the stuff that was now gone.

Thing about it is that the woman that I'm now in love with after nearly 7 years of being single (not sure I was ever in love with my X to tell the truth) really makes me happy and accepts me for who I am and if we do get married.....if she wants all the crap I still have, then it's ok because at this point in life, it really doesn't matter anymore. That probably sounds jaded but what does our material possessions really matter? At times, I think our material things are not much more than a burden even though we enjoy them.

Anyways, my material things don't mean a whole lot to me anymore as most of them are not much more than a burden. Yeah, I still enjoy most of the junk I have and the nearly 30 year old vehicles (and much older) that keep on running and the AC still works in them but they have gotten to the point to where it's like....'so what' lol

View attachment 1682508
Ha ha, buddy, you need to ignore that ****..let it go, people are just mental, don't let it get to you....?

Ha ha, buddy, you need to ignore that ****..let it go, people are just mental, don't let it get to you....?
I told you I have a neighbor that's a one of biker wantabees, neighborhood old lady is the reality. every time he barks is about something stupid. We all think its kinda funny

I kinda feel like I got stopped many times when I was married to the tyrant wife then once she left, I felt like I was about to lose everything even though she said she didn't want the house or much of anything in it. Her saying that only perked up my ears more because that told me she was going for the throat but she didn't.

However, at first that didn't stop me from getting rid of things that I wish I had never got rid of. Oh well. Thing is, I got busy doing things out in the shop more so than ever and once the divorce was final, I still had the house and could have kept all the stuff that was now gone.

Thing about it is that the woman that I'm now in love with after nearly 7 years of being single (not sure I was ever in love with my X to tell the truth) really makes me happy and accepts me for who I am and if we do get married.....if she wants all the crap I still have, then it's ok because at this point in life, it really doesn't matter anymore. That probably sounds jaded but what does our material possessions really matter? At times, I think our material things are not much more than a burden even though we enjoy them.

Anyways, my material things don't mean a whole lot to me anymore as most of them are not much more than a burden. Yeah, I still enjoy most of the junk I have and the nearly 30 year old vehicles (and much older) that keep on running and the AC still works in them but they have gotten to the point to where it's like....'so what' lol
Well, I was actually referring to the stopping of the heartbeat 'n' breathin' variety - but yeah. :thumbsup:

6PKRTSE, if you want to have some fun, have a friend come over and point out "issues" to your friend about the neighbors yard. It will probably get the dude all stirred up trying to figure out what you were pointing at.

So I'm pretty sure my neighbor has OCD.
I've seen him sweeping his garage at 3AM, shovel snow off his roof that isn't flat, he also spends thousands on his grass every year, we live in sand and he's the only one with a perfect lawn.
I just walked outside and he's pressure washing his soffit and fascia. Would be fine, but he's literally blasting water inside the soffit with what looks to be a 20 tip and no water coming out. I was gonna stop him, but he thinks he's above everyone in the neighborhood. My favorite thing to do is mow Friday, because I have half days and watch him lose his **** and mow the same time, even though he mowed Wednesday.
When are you going to stop over and say HI

Bring Leinenkugels and a bottle of Aspirin , maybe a set of ear protection

Not before 8AM , usually talking to myself

I wasn't intending on this thread to be about neighbors, but the one I mentioned in the start is at it again...
He's had a brush pile since Sunday on his lawn(grass is dying!), today is Wednesday and our transfer site is open, we don't have garbage trucks here. The transfer site takes brush and logs. He has a 3/4 ton Chebbie, but apparently it wasn't up to the task, he hired a company to pick it up. It was a box load, probably didn't want sap on his truck?

Auto Transport Service
Back