• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you all buy quality replacement fuses? Looking for my 74’ RR…if there are such a thing.

tonyp25

Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking to replace some of my old fuses (maybe I’m over thinking this) but any recommendations on where I can buy quality fuses from?

IMG_6207.jpeg

Anywhere. Probably at your local parts store. Get on e bay and find nome old NOS Buss fuses.

Anywhere. Probably at your local parts store. Get on e bay and find nome old NOS Buss fuses.
Might be cool to list what these cars require in the stock fuse boxes to begin with?
I seem to remember they're most all 20A on mine, anyways....
But yeah, I'd be buying new old stock BUSS (or the Mopar equivalent) off eBay or some such.
The new parts store stuff is crap.

Might be cool to list what these cars require in the stock fuse boxes to begin with?
I seem to remember they're most all 20A on mine, anyways....
But yeah, I'd be buying new old stock BUSS (or the Mopar equivalent) off eBay or some such.
The new parts store stuff is crap.
Cool to list but the op may be able to find a chart in a Classic Industries catalog. I have seen a great light bulb chart there. May be they have a fuse list as well. Yes, there were a lot of 20A fuses used but it sounds like you may need to find that chart and change some fuses in your ride before you burn it to the ground. It's worth a check.

What vehicle are you asking for, @tonyp25 ?
Here's the chart for 1968 Plymouth, for example:
Untitled.png

I’m looking to replace some of my old fuses (maybe I’m over thinking this) but any recommendations on where I can buy quality fuses from?

View attachment 1492638
And down the rabbit hole we go.
:luvplace:
All joking aside , what is in it now as long as it is sized correct prob is better than what you will buy these days.
One important thing is make sure all the contacts are clean.
Heck we have a small cabinet at the shop with many of glass buss fues sizes.
PM me what you need I can mail you some.

Amazon or ACE HARDWARE or Google Bussman Automotive Fuses or any major auto parts store...the ones shown are 3AG (for 1/4" diameter x glass body) usually rated at 32 volts amd amps is stamped on the O.D on one end.....liie 10A or 30A.
Littlefuse sells identical items.
BOB RENTON

And down the rabbit hole we go.
:luvplace:
All joking aside , what is in it now as long as it is sized correct prob is better than what you will buy these days.
One important thing is make sure all the contacts are clean.
Heck we have a small cabinet at the shop with many of glass buss fues sizes.
PM me what you need I can mail you some.
Got it! Then if they are working I’ll leave them alone. Very kind of you to offer them to me though…kind of a dumb question but can I test these fuses the same way I’d test fuses with my little kit that I use on my modern car?

Got it! Then if they are working I’ll leave them alone. Very kind of you to offer them to me though…kind of a dumb question but can I test these fuses the same way I’d test fuses with my little kit that I use on my modern car?
Yes, voltage tester or ohm meter

Auto Transport Service
Back