• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which dash medallion?

fireguyfire

Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
I’m in the middle of restoring my plain Jane 318 69 charger car, as well as the dash.
The dash “medallion” that goes at the top of the dash between the tic tic tac and the speedo is long gone from my car.
I see there are a couple of options out there that are referred to as “early” or “late” style; one has the polara style curved triangular symbol, and the other is the red and black circle.
Which one would be correct for my car?

My April built ‘68 R/T has the fratzog emblem

Really? My car is a survivor bought off of the original owner, very rough but untouched.
It has the correct 69 dash texture as opposed to the 68 vertical lines.

Looking closer, you are correct. It appears the hole at the top and bottom of the dash there are just screw holes.
My previous charger was a 68, so I was assuming 69’s had the medallions as well

Then it shouldn't have a rectangular hole to snap a medallion into... If yours has it, it's an oddity...

Saving money on the Charger resto... Enjoy it, cause it doesn't happen very often... :lol:

I have one from a 68 Coronet R/T on my 70 Charger R/T SE. I trimmed the back of it to fit into the screw hole.

Auto Transport Service
Back