• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is making 500"+ BBM Crates these days?

Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
Who all is making BBM Crate motors these days? Something 500"+.

▪️I know BluePrint used to but now only has the 408.

▪️Carolina Machine Engines just had a nasty hurricane roll thru and their phone says they are closed. Website is down as well.
http://www.cmengines.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

▪️All American Engines has a few options..
Custom Drag Racing Engines & Transmissions | Awesome Engines » Mopar Street Engines

▪️440 Source has kits and you send your engine in.

Anyone else out there?

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Here ya go!
Hot off the Press:

IMG_1798.jpeg

Good call. I've seen some of those as well. Was thinking more in the $8-12K range. Maybe I should have said that up front haha.

Thanks for the addition to the thread!

The parts are $10,000 and that doesn't include machining and assembly. Or them making any money.

Im pretty sure i spent just under $10,000 to build an Indy headed 470, 20 years ago. I can`t imagine you would want an eight thousand dollar one now.

Big Block 440 Street​

Store/Crate Engines/Big Block Crate Engines

$9,950.00
Options

Hydraulc roller cam (+$850.00)

Carb 850 QFT mechanical sec (+$519.95)

MSD pro billet distributor (+$419.95)

Spark plugs and wires (+$149.95)

Holley sniper with distributor (includes dyno tuning) (+$1,850.00)

Add to Bag

900366029.jpg

The prices at All American seem too good to be true! Am I missing something? I've got close to $16,000 in a 512. And I did all assembly

I had CME make me a 522 and have been happy so far. But it was not 8k. Did take a year though. However it was covid time too

Auto Transport Service
Back