• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

AUGGIE THANKS VERY MUCH WHAT A GOOD READ :thumbsup:

Nope, the gray car and the blue car parked next to the curb are Hudsons. That's the first car I remember as my dad would only buy Hudson Hornets, he'd trade it in every other year for a new one.

Nope, those are Mercurys. I've owned a '50 Merc, along with four Hudsons - two '50s, a '52, and a '53 . Those are definitely Mercurys. The car in the inside lane is a '48 or '49 Packard 110. The tan coupe parked between the two Mercs is indeterminable, but strongly resembles a '49 - '50 Chevy coupe.

stratoliner.jpeg

yup there Merc`s not sure on the yellow one , yellow one looks to be a station wagon ? wonder what's on the roof a spot light or something

Last edited:

Such a sad tale is that of the Avro Arrow. Somewhere, I have a DVD of the CBC movie with Dan Ackroyd, which is a very good telling of the Arrow story. I've worked with Canadians since 1981, so I'm far more familiar with that story than the vast majority of Americans. A magnificent airplane, capable of Mach 2.5, and was the world's first fly-by-wire airplane. I want to say that six were built, and one is supposedly stashed away somewhere. The Canadian government destroyed five aircraft intentionally after much internal infighting amongst political and corporate interests. IMO, the American government had a bit to do with it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back