• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

Holy Cow!

Photon, where is that airport/sea port?
In NY?
(I can not open the URL here at Edwards...)
You guessed correctly...New York. It is the LaGuardia Marine Terminal built originally for, of course, flying boats. Too bad there are zero examples of that Boeing 314 Clipper left in existence. The terminal is still used for shuttles to DC and Boston.

75 year old stainless art deco doors are still in use inside. Even the vintage benches with propellers on the end are still there.

Cool Photon!
I'm on my home computer now
Great pics
PS: Our security Firewall blocks most stuff on me when I'm at work...:wtf:

Cool photo and vids Snakeyes!
My very first Air Force Base was Castle AFM, Atwater CA many many years ago
We had F-106s there
That plane in the pic is a concept derivative of the F-106
Convair built the F-106
still to this day it hold "Air Speed" records
Delta Dart was her nickname
Beautiful jet!
Notice like the F-22 it has "Internal Stores"?
(Weapons are internal)

Boing 307 Stratoliner, JFK International N.Y.think those are some mopars late 40's early 50's
stratoliner.jpeg

B-17G at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.
20160824_154923.jpg
20160824_154933.jpg

Passengers waiting to board the flight home saw this strike recently;
Air NZ lightning.jpg

I really dig military aircraft! I think my favorite is a UH-1 but I am also mesmerized by the F-4 Phantom. I have gotten the honor of flying in the Osprey as well. Really strange platform!

Developed as a bomber, then converted to an aerial tanker, the Handley-Page Victor:
tumblr_inline_o6xepbp8vA1r4iznv_540.jpg
rc-handley-page-victor_pics33-3346.jpg

The anti-flash white was for it's use as a nuclear bomber while as a tanker it saw a lot of action in the Falklands war.

Auto Transport Service
Back