• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Aircraft ?

This airport still exists...
449px-LGA_MAT_1940.jpg

http://www.scoutingny.com/how-to-le...d&utm_campaign=Feed: scoutingny (Scouting NY)

thought that this video was interesting ,took my youngest son up flying in a Loch when he was a teenager boy had a **** eating grin when we came back

Holy Cow!

Photon, where is that airport/sea port?
In NY?
(I can not open the URL here at Edwards...)

Strange how some of Russia's concepts & some actual planes too
are so much like our stuff !!
a bit of insider hacking/espionage ?
or sharing info ? {legally or not}
because of space exploration ?

just seems a bit strange

I saw an article this morning on Yahoo about
comparisons or uses of the F-15 to the F-22 & F35
some stuff about the stealthy-ness of the F-35 &
pilots having to warn the ships & radar opp.'s they were coming in...

Sounds like it works, a bit of cost vindication...

sorry no link
it was interesting read & had a cool video too

hers a still photo

f-22 and f-15.jpg

what does HH on the tail mean ?
not sure where that photo was from, or when it was taken...

Last edited:
HH is Hickam Hawaii
We do "Flight Test" on some of their birds...
It's a "Joint base now" but it was there in the late 30s and is right next to Pearl Naval base, it was called Hickam Field Army Air Corps base.
The original buildings still have the Bullet Holes in them from the Pearl Harbor attack, December 7th 1941
We'd R.O.N there when I was aircrew member on the snoopys.
It's in Oahu HI.
-Anyway, there is an interesting story about the HH jets:
Recently the GAO (General Accounting Office) investigated the OPs at Hickam AFB
What they found was deeply disturbing:
1. The F-22s had way too many hours on them, almost double what they had expected to see
2. The MX teams (maintenance guys and gals, Blue Suiters, Air Force personnel) were working way too much, LEAVE requeste were being denied etc.
3. Comes to find out (as you all might have recently read) there is a shortage of AF pilots and so there are "Reserve" pilots flying these Hickam AFB F-22s and it was considered a GOOG GIG or a Big Secret Sweet Deal and they were essentially "Flying around the Hawaiian Islands, over to Wake Island and in general, just flying as much as they wanted to and having a "grand ol time"
Big press release in Air Force Times about it!
Also, some of the AF guys and gals are now here at Edwards AFB and they told us of the long work hours and abuse of they went through
There ended up being a "Inspector General" (IG Team investigation

There's been all kinds of cool planes buzzing around here yesterday and today..... They've been practicing manuevers and formations for the big airshow tomorrow at JBLM(Joint Base Lewis/McCord).

The Thunderbirds were only about 300 ft off the ground when they were flying over our warehouse....and those boys were "haulin the mail" with extreme prejudice!!!!!! Watching that B-17 doing acrobatics was very cool...and I really like the fly-overs with the B-1. At low altitude, that'll re-arrange your rib cage if you're directly underneath it when it goes over.

Sorry no pics......even if I'd a had a camera in my hands, I doubt I could've got a decent shot of them, they were just plain goin tooo fast!

I think I'll come into work tomorrow just to sit in the parking lot and watch the show. At least I won't have to deal with the crowds in the grandstands.....Heh!!!

PS: Notice the "one bird" banking to the right?
That is a F-15
check out the F-15s "external stores) AIM 7 "Sparrow" missiles on the wing tips

Hi Rick!
What a wonderful sight to see!
That must have "made your day go by a little easier"
Cool stuff huh?
In a couple of years the Thunderbirds will be flying the new F-35s!

Rick's quote: 'I think I'll come into work tomorrow just to sit in the parking lot and watch the show. At least I won't have to deal with the crowds in the grandstands.....Heh!!!"

HELL YEAH!

That was just for the people who didn't notice that the shadows were in different directions on those three planes. :)

Damn....you're good at this game. :thumbsup:

Reference to this picture;
620631main_AVCPSCFormationFINAL_original_full.jpg

Last edited:
I am unable to open the pages up or have it displayed
Our security team blocks it out
what post?
I'll check it out at home

Just got done taking my lunch break.......in the parking lot. :D

I was watching them put the big ol' C-17's thru the drills. Looks like they handle almost as good as the F-18's do!!! WOW!!!!! That's a damned big plane to be doing that kinda stuff!

That is a magnificent aircraft!
If you look through the past posts in theis Thread I posted some real cool C-17 pics
We also have sold the C-17 to foreign Countries!
I think Belarus has 2?

Hay guys the Phantom in the flyby was painted in the exact marking of Brig.Gen.Robin Olds. His Daughter was on hand for the unvailling of the F-4 at Nellis .The pics of the T-Birds with pilot Maj.Paul "MAX" Moga ,who was the first demo pilot for the F-22.where taken minutes after his last flight as a demo pilot at the Aviation Nation Airshow Sunday Nov 9, 2008 at Nellis . He went on to host "Great Planes ,"Air Combat"on the Military channel/Discovery channel . SKI I would give my left nut to sit in a raptor for five minutes. i'am speechless great shot of you. if your sitting in a bird of pray I figure your active military if so thank you for your service.
BLADE the man of many talents .you are most definitely a renaissance man. I love that strat of yours and your art, wish I could afford it. Have you guys herd the song by Dwayne O'Brien titled "REMEMBER" Great song that pays respect to the men and planes that fought for our freedoms we all enjoy today. check it out .going out to Pomona in November for the finals then make my way over to Chino to see the air museum again maybe well run into each other . peace

View attachment 342679 View attachment 342680 View attachment 342682 View attachment 342683 View attachment 342684 View attachment 342687 View attachment 342690

You come to Las Vegas, let me know
I'll get you on the Ramp at Nellis if I can get there.....

T-birds are up flying now......and setting off every car alarm in a 1 mile radius!!!!

HaHaHaHa!

Auto Transport Service
Back