• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Black & White Photography?

Actress Linda Mason on a McCoy Sportsman "motorized" scooter in Hollywood, 1949 ('motor' appears to be a model airplane engine with propeller) . . .

000000000 McCoy Sportsman2.jpg

aren't you supposed to put it on before you exit the aircraft?

Photo is likely a publicity shot taken in a studio. She doesn't seem to be wearing any sort of harness, just that silly flat hat. Can't find any detailed info or images showing how she actually dressed for or accomplished her jumps. One daring gal irregardless.

Photo is likely a publicity shot taken in a studio. She doesn't seem to be wearing any sort of harness, just that silly flat hat. Can't find any detailed info or images showing how she actually dressed for or accomplished her jumps. One daring gal irregardless.
I kinda' figured ... was just being jerky!

Policeman issues ticket to woman for wearing bikini on an Italian beach, 1957

000 Policemanr issues ticket for wearing a bikini on an Italian beach, 1957.jpg

Hardware store and gunsmith, Dodge City, Kansas 1872 . . .

View attachment 1318164
My dads family was from there, Great Grandfather on his dads side was a farmer. On his moms side they were court reporters. My Grandmother and Grandfather moved to Dallas in 68. My dad spent every summer on the farm, and he went to Dodge City Community college.

Use to go to go Dodge at least twice a year. Unfortunately my Great grandparents had passed, and my grandfather too. I haven’t been in probably 7 years, doubt much has changed lol.

Witnessed a crime happening on Wyatt Erp blvd one time, called the cops and said it was on Wyatt Erp, they told me no such road. My grandmother grabbed the phone and said “listen here, I’ve been in Dodge for 70 years, I know every road,”

Sorry for rambling, you brought up some good memories
:thumbsup:

One of my favorite past times!

20210506_165913.jpg

It’s been in the family since new. Started it’s life in Dodge City with my great grandfather Wayne Barnes, moved to Dallas in 02 when my uncle bought it, then moved to Lipan in 18 when I bought it, and finally to Gordon where I bought by 1st house in 21, where it’ll hopefully stay for a long time.

E23FE47E-4D5E-4AAC-A0D0-E92983321E7B.jpeg

635073C9-6AB5-4D79-A2C1-07DC06F850A4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back