• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a 73 Duster 225 bolt right in a 62 Plymouth with a factory 225?

Will you be reusing the 62 transmission? Manual or automatic ?

Both the 62 and 73 are automatics. I’m pretty sure I’d have to use the 62 transmission

I think they enlarged the crankshaft torque converter pilot diameter in 1968ish, so a sleeve would be required to use the 62 TQ converter. The 73 converter probably has a different spline count, and if so, it can't be used.

Awesome information, thank you. If I used 73 motor and transmission, would it fit in the 62?

A slip yoke drive shaft would be required, and a different shifter set up. Aftermarket cable floor shifter would probably be easiest. The TV ( kickdown) linkage would also need to be addressed.

If you need the converter pilot adapter check out Torqueflite Patty on e bay.

This may be of no help to you at all, but I had a 62 a few years back that someone had put a later slant 6 in. There was still yellow junk yard markings on the engine. I think it was a mid 70's vintage. The original 62 A/T was used. The car ran and drove fine but there was a slight low speed vibration when you'd rev the engine in neutral. It always made me wonder if there was something slightly different between the early converter and later engine alignment.

Auto Transport Service
Back