• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite burger? With pictures if possible.

droptop2bottom

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
Here's mine. Bobs bonanza burger. Has everything. Beef, cheese, bacon, mushrooms, etc. Been my favorite for decades.
20240918_112455_HDR.jpg

Mama and I nearly every Tuesday night, we sit down and enjoy one of these.

Tom Wahl's, ground steak burger...

(And it's either fries or onion rings, depending on what she's got the hankering for that night)

1726753609404.png

@davek

If you're crossing I-80 in Pennsylvania, the Plaza Restaurant at the Pilot truck stop at the Emlenton exit, mile marker 42, has the best burger I've eaten in the state. When Pilot acquired the operation a few years ago, they wisely left the existing restaurant in place, and didn't mess with the menu or ingredients, just jacked up the pricing. I happily paid the markup after years of stopping there. The homemade vegetable beef soup makes the perfect side dish.

Never had a better burger than home-made on an old-fashioned charcoal grill with garlic mayo, bacon, onions, and blue cheese.

In and Out makes a good burger. Wish they were on the east coast!
In N Out is the best. Best in taste. Best in freshness. Best in price. Always clean restaurants with employees that don't consider the customer the enemy.

You can't go wrong with a White Spot burger. But they have only about 100 locations (based in Vancouver) so unless you're in British Columbia or Alberta, good luck on this continent. Oddly enough, they've moved into Hong Kong, South Korea, Bangkok and some other overseas countries. My wife and I have been enjoying them since the 1970s.
1726768296895.jpeg

Columbus Ohio - The Thurmanator

I actually ate 1 - 1/4 of these.
But it was a few years ago, no way I could do that now.

1726769097776.png

Big Head Burger. A local joint. Just good. (and not too much or too big)

big head burger.jpg

In N Out always has the kitchen visible as they are proud of their cleanliness. Eating lunch there now because of this thread. Could not resist the urge.

IMG_20240919_115151280.jpg

Miller burgers. World famous around here, and anybody that doubts it is welcome to dispute it over a Miller burger. Simplicity, only available options are pickles and onions. It’s the cheese and the burger itself that makes them so good. No plates, no silverware, just wax paper. And no bill, you have to remember what you had and tell ‘em at the bar and they ring it up on the honor system.

91A8293E-64EC-4B46-853D-21FF2FBA06DC.png

Damn, I forgot Maid Rite. The famous Iowa loose meat sandwiches. Very iconic in my neck of the woods. The franchise started in Iowa in 1926 and there's still some restaurants around here. It's always a treat to stop in for a Maid Rite and a malt. Most locations serve pie as well.

Maid Rite.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back