• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940,s Dodge Trucks. I had no clue!!!

70ChargerRT

Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
That they looked so damn good!!! I always see some time type of cool old rod type of trucks at the cruise ins but they’re all Fords and Chevys in the years of 30,40,s and 50,s. I did see an old 50,s Dodge truck at a cruise in and man it was Fugly. I happened to see this 46 Dodge for sell on Market place and man I am in love. Sometime I feel like I live under a rock with the way I work. I had no clue they look way better than the Fords and Chevys in the front. Since my deal fell through with the RR. I’m seriously thinking about in the future of buying me one of these trucks. Maybe throw some modern suspension under it and not even sure of a power plant??? Maybe you have to frame swap them also. IDK. I’m going to start doing some research on them.

IMG_2941.jpeg

IMG_2940.png

One of my favorite trucks. It's sad it met it's demise a few years ago. The owner and his wife weren't hurt but it totaled the truck. 440 powered.

Rick Dabney6.jpg

Rick Dabney9.jpg

rick dabney10.jpg

Rick Dabney.jpg

My neighbour is currently building a 1945 Dodge pickup. He has it painted bronze metallic, and has installed a 1955 Desoto Hemi, with its PowerFlight. I have never liked the "Frog-Eye" headlights on the front fenders. They look like an afterthought that came off a tractor. Even if they were set down in the "catwalk" between the fender and hood/grill, they would look better.

My neighbour is currently building a 1945 Dodge pickup. He has it painted bronze metallic, and has installed a 1955 Desoto Hemi, with its PowerFlight. I have never liked the "Frog-Eye" headlights on the front fenders. They look like an afterthought that came off a tractor. Even if they were set down in the "catwalk" between the fender and hood/grill, they would look better.
That’s the cool things about these trucks. You can customize them anyway you want and I agree with you. I’m in love with that front end/ grill design and looks like you could customize the headlights anyway you wanted to.

Auto Transport Service
Back