• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Fantastic is one word KB!! That HEMI is looking grand in that engine bay, i imagine your excitement is growing, After all your fab work and just plain normal grinding away, the reality is starting to set in.. cool ride coming! Continued good luck to you!!

Your car is looking great. You are doing an awesome job on every facet of the build.

Thank you to all for the kind words. Yup Ron, Excitement is growing and the checkbook is shrinking lol. I have some stuff to buy now before I can go too far and this upcoming weekend looks to be yard work weekend. (do some clean up and build a swing set).

Well no major progress this weekend. I painted the brake booster and that was pretty much it. I was busy working on a customer's car and my new (to me) Jeep that is my now daily driver. Also started building a mammoth swing set...huge play house, slide, 3-4 swings. Still cheaper then a kit.

If anybody has any 2000 jeep cherokee body pars I could use a new rear bumper and hatch...

Looking good man, it's great to see the mill in there!

Another parallel with our Coronets, I used the same Nason paint on my wheels and engine compartment, it looks great. I also got a gallon of Rustoleum 'professional' on closeout at Lowe's a while back and just used it to topcoat the surface rust repairs on the floor.

One of these days, I'll drop those emblems in the mail for you, or maybe take a ride out there (if you promise not to put me to work that is :fucyc:).

Looking good man, it's great to see the mill in there!

Another parallel with our Coronets, I used the same Nason paint on my wheels and engine compartment, it looks great. I also got a gallon of Rustoleum 'professional' on closeout at Lowe's a while back and just used it to topcoat the surface rust repairs on the floor.

One of these days, I'll drop those emblems in the mail for you, or maybe take a ride out there (if you promise not to put me to work that is :fucyc:).

Well I suppose I could promise that. You going to drive the Coronet down? (because you should) or on the 19th I'll be at the dupage county fair grounds for the mo-power swap meet.

Well here is my progress for the last two weeks....two painted parts...not much. But I did order another $170 worth of goodies from Summit Racing so I have some parts to move forward with. Hoping to start on brake lines and fuel lines here pretty soon so I started gathering some of those parts.

(and yes I painted the nuts too, just not in that photo)

20130514_185054.jpg20130514_185114.jpg

New parts. I have to give Summit some credit here, ordered these at noon one day had them in less than 24 hours.

20130515_195213.jpg20130515_195243.jpg

Cool! Christmas at KB67's pad......... I use Summit all the time. 2 days at most, it's at my door. Awesome Company!

You making your own fuel/brake lines?

Cool! Christmas at KB67's pad......... I use Summit all the time. 2 days at most, it's at my door. Awesome Company!

You making your own fuel/brake lines?

Yeah I am going to have to. Using the Grand cherokee master cylinder, the brake prop valve and rear disk's I pretty much have to make it all from scratch. Not a big deal, a buddy of mine has all the fancy tools and is going to help me make the lines.

Well no real work on the Coronet this weekend but I did have a good time at the Mo-Power madness swap meet. Sold a ton of stuff and picked up my final wheel combo. I was going to put on a set of Hurst Dazzlers but for the price I couldn't afford them. So I went with another direction that I always liked...cop wheels with caps. I love the look and I dang near stole these for the price. A few good deals there this weekend. Saw a complete 67 charger front grille with hideway lights get sold for about $50.

20130518_153743.jpg20130519_165841.jpg

They look good. Always had a sweet spot for cop rims and caps.

They look good. Always had a sweet spot for cop rims and caps.

Yeah me too. I can't wait to get them painted body color and wrap some good lookin rubber around them. Also I need to buy some suspension parts so I can start that work and then get the stance set up.

Another recent problem I have run into, now that I have finally got 6 quarts of oil sitting in the pan I have found about 5 pin holes I never got to leak before. So after much agonizing over it I have decided that I will just break down and buy a milodon pan and pickup. But this means I will need to drop the K-frame to change it which if I am going that far I might as well do all the joints, bushings and paint everything.....oh how it gets drawn out (I just want to drive it dangit!!:angryfire:) But with the help of recent parts sales I can somewhat afford some parts....marginally lol

Yeah me too. I can't wait to get them painted body color and wrap some good lookin rubber around them. Also I need to buy some suspension parts so I can start that work and then get the stance set up.

Another recent problem I have run into, now that I have finally got 6 quarts of oil sitting in the pan I have found about 5 pin holes I never got to leak before. So after much agonizing over it I have decided that I will just break down and buy a milodon pan and pickup. But this means I will need to drop the K-frame to change it which if I am going that far I might as well do all the joints, bushings and paint everything.....oh how it gets drawn out (I just want to drive it dangit!!:angryfire:) But with the help of recent parts sales I can somewhat afford some parts....marginally lol

Seems like one thing always leads to another doesn't it? Looking good though.

I like the body color cop wheel combo too. I dont run the caps.

That Charger grille was a steal!

That sucks, but down the line you'll be glad you already did it! It really is looking great, that first outing will be sooner then you think, it will sneak up on you before you know it...

Since I sold a bunch of stuff lately I have been hording parts like an addict. Today I hope to get the rest of my brake line materials as well as my fuel line and fittings. Once I button up the fuel tank and get that back in I am a few electrical connections and a starter away from making some noise. A few things still to work out between now and then but the parts pile is growing which means I can get back into it again a bit deeper too. Now, if only I had an unlimited supply of time.

Got a little bit done today. I finished up the tank and got it ready to seal with tank sealer. Tomorrow I hope to seal it and maybe get the Coronet undercoated.

20130601_164817.jpg

Well I made some more progress, big steps here. I undercoated the entire undercarriage with pro-undercoating and a pro-gun...stuff is awesome. Way better then any spray can. I also got the fuel tank finished and sealed (now I just have to paint it). So hopefully I will get the pump installed after painting and get the tank back in the car permanently. Then I can finish up my fuel lines since I have the materials. Making some progress now!20130602_175451.jpg20130602_175505.jpg20130602_175509.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back