• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Hey, your car has it's own bulge now, cool! :toothy5:

Looks like it should work fine and it's in the front of the tank near the axle so I doubt it will be noticed. Just in case, you could always slap a HEMI badge on the rear face :icon_bounce:

Haha...now there is an idea. I may do that just to see if anybody ever notices the badge. I wish I could have made it a little shallower but thats how it had to be to fit under the floor of the trunk. A positive note, the sump is so big that it will pretty much completely prevent fuel starvation unless the tank is bone dry.

This is the original essence of hot rodding, low buck and high creativity. It doesn't get any better than this.

Well I did a little more work on the tank last night. I have been sick lately (over a week) and today still not doing well so energy is low. So I had planned to do some more today and we'll see but right now its looking like I may just go hang on the couch and rest. Anyway, here is a pic of what I did manage to get done.

Also to any of you waiting to hear from me about parts, My apologies but I haven't been able to do much.

20130316_182909.jpg

Get better soon man! Better to take the rest now then struggling to get things done making it worse on yourself!

Get better soon man! Better to take the rest now then struggling to get things done making it worse on yourself!

Well the doc's prescribed some more antibiotics for me yesterday so we will see how that goes. With any luck I will do some finish tank fab this evening or tomorrow evening after work. A couple hours at a time and I will be ok...I gotta get off the couch I am going nuts just sitting there after work. That and getting nothing done is killing me! I want to drive this thing so bad and I haven't been able to work on it!

Good Work...

WWWWOOOOWWWWW!!!!! I just now read your complete post and I am truly impressed with your fabrication skills. Really impressive work. Just so as you don't feel frustrated by the length of time you have had to spend on this project along with your budget constraints, I have been working on my project now for 8 long years and finally got the chance to get it out on the street for an initial test. Here are the links to my You Tube videos I shot with my phone. This was a couple of weeks ago and it sounds even better now that I have tuned it up a bit. Nothing like that first fire up either. Just look at it this way...your are making great progress. You're just not quite moving forward yet....cr8crshr/Tuck:blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1::blob1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD3ajR270uE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAs5NqGnUTw

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 555
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 576
Finished up the tank, now just need to clean it inside and seal it. came out pretty good.

20130321_193947.jpg

Did a bit more work this weekend but not really for the car. I spent about 4 hours outside on the parts car stripping the gas tank out, both bumpers, the entire front grill and got the engine and trans loose and ready for pullin...well after I knock out the 4 trans cross member bolts that already have no nuts on them. So I would say pretty productive.

This weather has been holding up any progress on the Coronet as I can't work on it outside in the snow especially when I need to do some powerwashin and welding. Somebody tell old man winter to go to sleep!

Did a bit more work this weekend but not really for the car. I spent about 4 hours outside on the parts car stripping the gas tank out, both bumpers, the entire front grill and got the engine and trans loose and ready for pullin...well after I knock out the 4 trans cross member bolts that already have no nuts on them. So I would say pretty productive.

This weather has been holding up any progress on the Coronet as I can't work on it outside in the snow especially when I need to do some powerwashin and welding. Somebody tell old man winter to go to sleep!

Ive been trying that hear, he refuses to listen to reason, something about the other guys and snowmobiling! lol

Had some good weather this weekend but not much time with family around to work on the car. I did get out there and power wash the engine bay with no appreciable difference. Looks like it will be time to break out the torch and scraper to get rid of the undercoating that somebody put in there.

Alright I got out there and got busy today. Spent a while cleaning off lots of undercoating that for some reason they put in the engine compartment. Also cleaned up some grease until I hit a point where things like the brake booster were in the way. So I decided to start getting rid of all of the things on the firewall in preparation for paint. So before I moved the brake booster I decided it would be good to modify the pedal to mate the the brake booster. Then I mounted the clutch master cylinder and cleaned up before starting to mod the clutch pedal. But that will be my next task. Either way I made a huge step toward getting the engine in permanently. I hope in the next week or two to get the engine compartment painted and prepped for the Hemi to go back in.

20130407_150351.jpg20130407_150358.jpg20130407_150402.jpg20130407_150342.jpg20130407_153722.jpg20130407_161440.jpg

Attachments

• 20130407_150351.jpg
    20130407_150351.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 481
  • 20130407_150358.jpg
    20130407_150358.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 466
Looks pretty clean in there. Maybe the undercoating did some good after all.

Looks pretty clean in there. Maybe the undercoating did some good after all.

Nope it looks clean because I replaced metal in about 6 places. if its blue its original, if its paintless or otherwise colored its new or replaced metal. Though there were places the undercoating did a good job.

Looking great KD! looks clean and looking forward to seeing the engine bay painted up with that HEMI sitting in there.. good luck to you........ like you need it lol :)

Ron 73 said:
Looking great KD! looks clean and looking forward to seeing the engine bay painted up with that HEMI sitting in there.. good luck to you........ like you need it lol :)

Going to have to get that dislexia checked Ron....check my name again lol

Thanks though! I hope to make some more progress on Saturday this weekend but next weekend is shot in the arse for sure.

Propwash said:
Looking good! Always cool to swing by and see what new you created for your Coronet Mod.

Thanks Prop. I enjoy making things work where they were never intended, its a challenge and one that saves me money at the same time...usually it works the other way.

That or my new glasses that i was supposed to get 3 months ago and keep putting it off, we wont tell my wife about this now will we! Kb... :)

reprimanded already, going to be a great day i see lol.. I am still looking forward to seeing the engine bay in color with the HEMI though... By then it will be the right color as maybe ill be looking thru different lens rofl. I do apologize,
Don 73...

looking good keep at it ,thanks for your updates:hello2:

That or my new glasses that i was supposed to get 3 months ago and keep putting it off, we wont tell my wife about this now will we! Kb... :)

reprimanded already, going to be a great day i see lol.. I am still looking forward to seeing the engine bay in color with the HEMI though... By then it will be the right color as maybe ill be looking thru different lens rofl. I do apologize,
Don 73...

Haha not a big deal mostly didn't want others thinking you couldn't see...hehe As always, I appreciate your visits.

apologize,
Don 73...

when were you going to the doctor Ron? :rofl:

Doctor!...... DOCTOR?.. Oh no ya don't! im just peachy,

Auto Transport Service
Back