• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

I"ll have a 1966 273 hipo with a833 4spd available this coming year!!

Did you use the dishwasher?

Wow, you weren't kidding about all the nooks and crannies here! Did you give it a round-trip through the DW? I don't think I have the stones to try that (yet) but if it gets any colder here I just might.....

attachment.jpg

It turned out great, same goes for the body colored bits, it looks dy-no-mite! Pretty cool that you have a workspace right at home and you can keep an eye on this thing's future owner too!

Keep us posted, my 'Net is living vicariously through yours right now, I haven't gotten squat done on mine lately and I might have to wrap her up soon for the winter :(

Wow, you weren't kidding about all the nooks and crannies here! Did you give it a round-trip through the DW? I don't think I have the stones to try that (yet) but if it gets any colder here I just might.....

It turned out great, same goes for the body colored bits, it looks dy-no-mite! Pretty cool that you have a workspace right at home and you can keep an eye on this thing's future owner too!

Keep us posted, my 'Net is living vicariously through yours right now, I haven't gotten squat done on mine lately and I might have to wrap her up soon for the winter :(

Hah thanks. No dishwasher was full when I wanted to give it a shot. So I put it in the sink, loaded up on Dawn dish soap and went to work with a brush. Found that it still wasn't getting pretty enough even when clean so decided some of my left over bright silver metallic from my ram would make a great aluminumizer (hah made that up).

Going to have to get back to work to play catch up then!

LOL, I got to remember that one, "Well dear i just "aluminumizered that baby!" A guy in the resto threads taught us that.. Thanks for the laugh bud! lol :)

Well just a bit of an update for anybody keeping track. I really haven't done anything relative to the Coronet lately, just been swamped with other projects. I ended up doing a bit of horse trading getting rid of a kids toy and snowblower and picked up an 87 Honda ATV for cheap which I then made a plow for and now need to replace the auto-clutch plus a carb rebuild. So Basically I have just been too busy to really dig into anything lately.

I did pull apart the rear end (8 3/4) and am currently awaiting funding to buy the wheel bearings and seals before I finish that up. So with any luck sometime early 2013 I should have some progress photos.

Anyway, to all those paying attention here's wishing you and yours a very happy and safe holiday season....now bring on the damn snow!

Im sure there is many keeping track bud! Looking forward to progress photos and info.. easy on the snow talk, my tractor not running right now lol.. Thats ok, My son in law will keep us out of trouble, just in case though filled the Ram up yesterday, if we cant get out with that, better to stay put! :) $3.31 a gallon right now, calm before Christmas? lowest its been here in a long time.

I'm definitely keeping track of this one, I have a 1966 Coronet 500 needing a lot of work. You do great work, it inspires me, and I'm looking forward to more updates. Happy holidays to you and all!

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

And to start the year off right I ordered parts from Rock Auto...haha time to get back on the coronet work.

I am going to order wheel bearings for the rear end (leaning toward "green" bearings from Strange Engineering) and then start modifying the fuel tank.

**Update**

I ordered stock tapered rollers and they get installed on the axle shafts tomorrow by my local shop. I spent some time cleaning up the housing tonight in prep for paint and then re-assembly. Next I will start working on piecing together a rear disk package.

Last edited:
spent some time clogging my nose up with iron oxide dust last night (sanding off the rust) on the rear end then cleaned and sealed it up with rust etcher. Dang that stuff does a good job of cleaning up the metal and sealing in the rust. I'll leave it like this for a bit while I put together my brake package for the rear end. I have to make a couple spacer plates for getting rid of the backing plates and then I can put in the axles shafts and start figuring out a rotor/caliper combo. I am thinking grand cherokee but if I am going to have to make my own weld on bracket the sky is the limit here so I may go even newer and pull something like my new avenger's brakes since parts are pretty cheap.

20130102_211725.jpg20130102_211739.jpg20130103_053031.jpg

KB - I've heard that Ford Explorer rear discs are near bolt-on. And you can adapt your e-brake cables to work also.

Your rear end cleaned up nice! Oh wait, :icon_redface: I mean, um, your axle, err, I mean HOUSING looks good, yah, nice work! :grin:

I've also been occupied with side projects so I haven't gotten to look at my drop outs yet. Give me a heads-up when your focus shifts to the pumpkin, if I have something here that you can start with, it will be yours for a song or trade for whatever. Keep the pics coming!

Your rear end cleaned up nice! Oh wait, :icon_redface: I mean, um, your axle, err, I mean HOUSING looks good, yah, nice work! :grin:

I've also been occupied with side projects so I haven't gotten to look at my drop outs yet. Give me a heads-up when your focus shifts to the pumpkin, if I have something here that you can start with, it will be yours for a song or trade for whatever. Keep the pics coming!

I'm ready lol. I am going to re-assemble the thing sometime in the next couple weeks as soon as I get my brakes figured out. As always money is the biggest factor in my progress lately. I saw some of your progress and I have to say, it got me out in the garage!

I'm ready lol. I am going to re-assemble the thing sometime in the next couple weeks as soon as I get my brakes figured out. As always money is the biggest factor in my progress lately. I saw some of your progress and I have to say, it got me out in the garage!

These resto threads do just that.. Inspiration at its finest!

quick update. I made another RockAuto order this weekend for rear disks, calipers and pads for a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee. So I will get those mocked on here soon and come up with a bracket design to adapt these to the 8 3/4. If I can come up with a good design I may make some and sell them.

So hopefully this upcoming weekend I can get something mocked up but the axles are ready to go in and the housing is cleaned up and ready for paint.

Made some more progress and picked up some more parts. I managed to get the belt routing figured out and cut up an old belt to make one I can take the parts store to find one the right length.

Then I put the brakes partially together for the rear axle and made a wood template for my caliper mount. I have to do some R&D on that one to get it just right but I think I will be able to make this all work together. The idea here is I will remove three of the studs for the axle flange and replace with bolts to hold the caliper bracket. I will also have to get some keystock to make sliders for the pad knotches to ride in since the originals would have had those. Anyway when I get this all done I am considering selling kits if anybody is interested.

Oh and I picked up some headers too from a local guy.

20130111_220500.jpg20130111_220533.jpg20130111_220522.jpg20130111_220556.jpg20130111_144826.jpg20130111_145038.jpg20130111_145053.jpg

Looking good KB! she'll be up and running before you know it!

Last edited:
X 2 This doesn't even look like the same engine man, real nice!

Thanks. Its taken a little time to detail it but not that much really. Its collecting parts that takes the time and money. As soon as this spring rolls around it won't take long before you will get a video of it running...I am too anxious to hear it rumble to wait too long!

Auto Transport Service
Back