• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Seems eerie to hear that KD, As i set hear reading " As soon as this spring rolls around" I look outside hear and up on the wall here it says 60.7 and feels like spring has rolled around, Knowing that anytime now its going away real fast and then its old man winter for 2 months plus.. Gives us some time to regroup if that works, collect maybe some cash for springs hidden problems.. Looking forward to your video..

Seems eerie to hear that KD, As i set hear reading " As soon as this spring rolls around" I look outside hear and up on the wall here it says 60.7 and feels like spring has rolled around, Knowing that anytime now its going away real fast and then its old man winter for 2 months plus.. Gives us some time to regroup if that works, collect maybe some cash for springs hidden problems.. Looking forward to your video..

Yeah as I wrote that it was nearly 60 here now as I write this it is 14. What a change a couple of days make.

Well I got out in the garage last night and finished the brake brackets. Now will finish painting the rearend, brackets, and then re-assemble for teh last time before spring rolls around. I can't wait to get this thing in the car!. Brakes turned out really nice, I might add a bit of reinforcement to the pad supports and I'll probably weld the bolt heads to the bracket like studs for strength.

If anybody is interested in these brakes please respond to my other thread about brakes in the general discussion forum. If I get 5 people wanting a set I will fabricate 5 sets and sell them but individual sets are cost prohibitive with having them custom cut and then my time to make sure it all fits, tapping the holes etc.

View attachment 99207View attachment 99208View attachment 99209

Just a touch more progress from this weekend. I managed to paint the axle, brackets etc and re-assemble the rear end with the new wheel bearings etc. I still plan to paint the bearing flanges (haven't done it yet) but that's next now that its assembled and I can get to them easier. Now if only that diff was a suregrip!

On another note I am picking up a 67 4 door coronet next weekend as another parts car. So I will more then likely be selling parts from that (Do not ask for them in this thread, wait til I post it) I plan to store the axle until next spring when I can install it and then start working on modifying the gas tank to hold the in-tank pump with some baffling for good measure.

20130203_093134.jpg20130203_093143.jpg20130204_051930.jpg

Rearend looks good. Did you make the mounts for the calipers yourself? great work.

well I see you been busy ,and it is looking very good thanks for sharing :headbang:

just read your whole thread for the first time.amazing what you have achived with a limited budget and a bit of know how.love it when a rust bucket is restored and you show how you did it.very insperational thread,thanx a ton for sharing!

Rearend looks good. Did you make the mounts for the calipers yourself? great work.

Yup, made them myself. I do have a thread in the general forum called 8 3/4 disk brakes

just read your whole thread for the first time.amazing what you have achived with a limited budget and a bit of know how.love it when a rust bucket is restored and you show how you did it.very insperational thread,thanx a ton for sharing!

Thanks, its more work to do it cheaply! Thanks for the compliments as always.

Hey KB - this is off topic but I think you might have the answer. How does the C-Pillar trim attach on your car? (my friends '66 Bel-1 has it and wants to take off)

Thanks.

Hey KB - this is off topic but I think you might have the answer. How does the C-Pillar trim attach on your car? (my friends '66 Bel-1 has it and wants to take off)

Thanks.

Unfortunately if he doesn't want to tear out his headliner he is SOL. Behind the C-pillar section of the headliner there are a couple of holes to stick a socket into to remove the pressed style nuts (2). So tell him to leave it alone unless he is pulling the headliner.

Ok so looks like any metal work will be out of the picture for this weekend. I had a cooling fan issue with my welder and Eastwood is going to send me a complete replacement welder but also means I have to box mine up and ship it out. So no welding but that doesn't stop me from cutting :icon_lol:

Yah, thanks for the info on the pillar trim, I was going to pull mine for paint but not now, my headliner is near perfect as it sits. I'm planning on panting from there down, leaving the minty original paint on the roof and window frames so this trim can stay for now.

Bummer on the welder! If you get real desperate let me know, I'll drag my Hobart 135 110v/gas out to you if you think it can carry you over. It works great on sheetmetal but now just sits at the shop in the shadow of our bigger one.

Yah, thanks for the info on the pillar trim, I was going to pull mine for paint but not now, my headliner is near perfect as it sits. I'm planning on panting from there down, leaving the minty original paint on the roof and window frames so this trim can stay for now.

Bummer on the welder! If you get real desperate let me know, I'll drag my Hobart 135 110v/gas out to you if you think it can carry you over. It works great on sheetmetal but now just sits at the shop in the shadow of our bigger one.

Thanks but no need. I probably will do a bit of painting on the rear axle, wrap that up and store it in the shed, clean up the garage and start cutting apart my gas tank...New welder gets shipped on Monday so its only a week of down time...probably not a bad thing.

I also now have a new goal for roadworthy....May 19th I want to drive it to the Mo-power madness show/swap meet at the Dupage county Fair grounds.

Well I picked up another parts car. Most of this one is for profit but thought it was worthy of posting as "progress" since its going to help fund the completion of my Sedan. If you need parts check my parts car thread.View attachment 102199

"I also now have a new goal for roadworthy....May 19th I want to drive it to the Mo-power madness show/swap meet at the Dupage county Fair grounds."

No dought you'll make it KD Even when your not busy on the Hemified beast your working on it. Good luck!

Well I did some cutting and fitting on the gas tank and its looking like I may have to do a different thing. My in tank pump is tooo tall though I may take it apart and see if I can make it shorter. If I can make it shorter then ill make a small sump and recess the top down a bit.

---Edit----

I took a few more measurements and I think for the sake of saving money I will just make the sump. It will have to be 3" deeper and might look a little silly but it will be functional and help with fuel starvation since the sump will hold gas even during cornering. If I make this and it doesn't work I'll start surfing Craigslist for fuel cell's since I'd rather run one of those then a stock tank and external pump.

Though I will make this work because I don't want to cut up my spare tire well....I just fixed it lol

20130217_095703.jpg20130217_095653.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, well i finally got back at it today. I ran out of welding gas but got the bottom sump attached and mostly welded in minus a few leaks i need to seal weld. But its close. So ill weld the inside seam after i get more gas next week and then work on the top after i get more steel.

20130303_115209.jpg

---Update----

I also got the car moved up into the driveway this afternoon. So after the storm we are supposed to get early this week I will start working on getting things ready for paint in there. I see the forecast says high 40's to 50's by the end of the week...so I should be able to start cleaning up in there.

Last edited:
Hey, your car has it's own bulge now, cool! :toothy5:

Looks like it should work fine and it's in the front of the tank near the axle so I doubt it will be noticed. Just in case, you could always slap a HEMI badge on the rear face :icon_bounce:

Auto Transport Service
Back