• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Saw your post on LXF, just wanted to chime in and say-- THIS IS AWESOME!

Meech

Wow, very impressed

Read the entire post, and if I wasn't already impressed with your welding, fabrication and paint (which I was) then I was in awe when you successfully used the kitchen sink and laundry room without getting shot by your wife. Mine fussed when I assembled my new engine hoist in the living room, and I didn't even have an engine on it. :)

Read the entire post, and if I wasn't already impressed with your welding, fabrication and paint (which I was) then I was in awe when you successfully used the kitchen sink and laundry room without getting shot by your wife. Mine fussed when I assembled my new engine hoist in the living room, and I didn't even have an engine on it. :)

What can I say....I got the best one.

ok so I got a bit more done. The gas tank is ready to go back in! and then I'll get the fuel line plumbed in. Also picked up some parts from the dealer. If you ever want to do this swap take note the structural dust cover for the ram 2500 with NV4500 Transmission also fits the NV3500.

20130605_194333.jpg20130606_190042.jpg20130606_190058.jpg

Spent most of the weekend in Iowa helping a buddy on his offroad rig but did come home and finish up the fuel tank. Tested the pump quick with my spare battery and sounds good so its all ready to go in. Total cost for the whole package as seen is somewhere around $80. So definitely cheaper then buying something off the shelf.
View attachment 121487

Ok its been a bit since I was able to make progress on the Coronet...stupid other projects. However I have accumulated some parts and this weekend I intend to put as many on as I can feasibly do. With any luck I can get some work done. My goal for this weekend - get the 8 3/4 back under the car, get the gas tank installed, run my fuel line, install the exhaust manifolds, install the engine wiring harness, finish modifying and install the gas pedal switch, hook up the clutch master and slave cylinder....and maybe just maybe if all that gets done hot wire the SOB and make it run.

I got a bunch done today, some which is not pictured. But the rear suspension is DONE with all new bushings, bolts, rebuilt springs with an extra leaf added. Rear brakes are assembled and ready for hardlines. Installed the fuel tank, ran the fuel line and cut it to length to the fuel rail. Installed some of the hotwire harness and will continue tomorrow. Also my new chassis harness showed up today....

On a bad note, none of my exhaust manifolds will fit and I am going to have to make a set of headers.

View attachment 123450View attachment 123451View attachment 123452View attachment 123453View attachment 123454View attachment 123455View attachment 123456

She's looking good man, your rear brake set up looks like it grew there, SWEET! :headbang:

It's a shame that the manifolds don't fit but I'm sure you'll make the best of it.
Maybe you should get some header fab practice using my car? It's got two less cylinders and all the holes are on one side, easy-peesey eh? :yes:

Everything is looking good! Headers does sound like they would be a sweet add on!

She's looking good man, your rear brake set up looks like it grew there, SWEET! :headbang:

It's a shame that the manifolds don't fit but I'm sure you'll make the best of it.
Maybe you should get some header fab practice using my car? It's got two less cylinders and all the holes are on one side, easy-peesey eh? :yes:

Haha I think ill just do the one set.... though I could always help you if needed.

Well no visible progress on the car but I have started wiring everything up. The ignition switch is in and wired, I am working on the headlight switch (which thanks to a few ppl I think I have figured out) and hopefully I can wrap up the rest needed to fire this bad boy up this weekend. I can't wait to hear the hemi rumbling!

It's alive!

Well this weekend was a LONG time coming. I have been working on the wiring for a while and got to a stage where I was ready to start the car. After failed after failed attempt and 2 days of trying to find my gremlins I finally got it running. Turns out a failed crank position sensor was my gremlin. I am still a long ways from done with the wiring and must finish my chassis harness, do lots of clean up and lots of connector soldering. But the engine runs, it has a drive shaft and is ready for brake work.

Oh and there is no exhaust whatsoever on it in this vid...no manifolds, nothin...thats one of my next issues to solve too.

[video=youtube;4v_o0lOWZ_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v_o0lOWZ_o[/video]

:eek:ccasion16::VB toast::hello2:

Awesome!!

What a great feeling eh? I can't wait to see that baby on the road man! Go! Go! Go!

I'm not too far behind, finally got the engine in mine yesterday. :eek:

Outstanding! Great to see her come to life. Another hurdle in the books. Hope all goes well down the road with that exhaust. I've been reading all the trails and tribulations you've had with that...good luck!

Really awesome KB - keep up the good work! Glad you got the motor running.

Sweet, proud moment when you get to hear them for the first time.

Outstanding! Great to see her come to life. Another hurdle in the books. Hope all goes well down the road with that exhaust. I've been reading all the trails and tribulations you've had with that...good luck!
Thanks the exhaust has been my sore spot and something I wish I had thought about when I made my engine mounts. Last night I cut up a truck manifold and welded in some steel to make it fit...so far no cracks so it might get run for a bit while I get the rest up to par and then make the headers as an upgrade project. If I had infinite time I'd do it now but the fact that ill have kid #2 in another 2 months means I need to make lots of progress fast.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back