• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet Deluxe

Got a bit of body work done. Fixed the majority of the rust on the fender and filled the 66 trim holes since they were in the wrong locations. I still have to pull it back off and clean everything and fix one spot on the front behind the headlights. Then just prime a bunch of stuff. Last major spot is on the pass side door and I will take care of that very soon.

Also, the exhaust parts are on order and with any luck I can get that done this upcoming week. I ended up ordering a set of tail pipes from flowmaster through summit (I hope they fit), a set of IMCO chambered mufflers (were on super clearance and should be on par with a flowmaster) and some U bends to make it from my turn downs to the mufflers and of course clamps. All in 2.5". I figured I would give the mufflers a chance since I got them so cheap, I am sure I could re-sell them for what I paid if I decide to switch it up.

20130817_131030.jpg20130817_134436.jpg20130817_134442.jpg20130817_144009.jpg20130817_155146.jpg20130818_102424.jpg20130818_102430.jpg20130818_102440.jpg

Looks good. Those area's you welded can get real tricky sometimes to patch.

That is starting to come together quite nicely.

Looks good. Those area's you welded can get real tricky sometimes to patch.

I agree, the first fender I did doesn't look nearly as nice as this came out and much of that had to do with experience. The more I do this the better I get and seemingly faster as well. The other fender was a bit rustier though so I had to make more of the patch material

Well I got one side of the exhaust welded up and back on the car, ill take the under car shot tomorrow after I get the other side done. I sent back the flowmaster tail pipes I bought. Summit took them back hassle free since they just plain don't fit. Have to give them credit, first rate customer service. I'm making the pipes up to and through the mufflers and sometime down the road I'll have a shop bend up tail pipes.

So basically I am running IMCO chambered mufflers (knock off flowmaster 40) and 2.5" pieced piping with an H (I have yet to cut and make the hole for the H pipe).

20130821_201909.jpg

I got the mid pipes and mufflers mounted under the car. Sounds pretty good but does need tail pipes. The bass tones just kind of resonate inside the car without any tail pipe at all. I will probably make a small turn down for now and then sometime soon have a shop build tails. I took a video but it kinda sucked so I'll have to take another one tomorrow.

.....did you get a chance to juice up those torsion bars with new boots and clips with that nice open floor pan?

About 16 pages too late but yeah, its got new boots and clips but I didn't do those then. Actually I did those when I rebuilt the front suspension.

Here is a pic of the exhaust..best I could get last night.

20130822_200453.jpg

Finished Exhaust no tails just turndowns

[video=youtube;DazmT6BPc1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DazmT6BPc1M[/video]

Sounds nice, wait till you have the rest of the exhaust on.....gonna sound really sweet!!!

Every since I heard my first Flowmaster exhaust I've never owned anything but a chambered exhaust, sounds great. I really like the car, hopefully I'll find one someday. Can't wait to see it roasting the tires.

Every since I heard my first Flowmaster exhaust I've never owned anything but a chambered exhaust, sounds great. I really like the car, hopefully I'll find one someday. Can't wait to see it roasting the tires.

I had found my car's twin a while back for sale locally. They are still out there just getting harder to find. You will find one if you keep looking.

So I had some family over and whatnot this weekend but I did find enough time to sneak out to the garage and finish the metal work on the passenger fender, paint both of them on the inner side and then do a bit of clean up on the drivers side and start that body work. Oh and I rebuilt the door hinges too.

20130829_195020.jpg20130901_105336.jpg20130902_110416.jpg20130902_110421.jpg20130902_114357.jpg20130902_130806.jpg

Got some work done the other day but never got a chance to post it. My second kid (daughter) was born Wednesday and then Sunday morning we had to run to the ER for bleeding...long story short both are doing well and fine but we had a pretty good scare with my wife on Sunday.

I started work on the last known rust on the car...the passenger door. Started working on the known spot and found another on the back side of the door. I am a little farther then where these pics were taken but ill take some more when i go out and finish up the work on the door. I also have started working on filler work to start smoothing and getting ready for paint.

20130906_163244.jpg20130906_163253.jpg20130906_163523.jpg

Congrats on the new daughter! Hope the bleeding wasn't from a nasty cut from the rust repair. ha ha ha

Repairs are lookin' good!

Auto Transport Service
Back